t h r e e

Hermione laid her head on Ginny's lap as Ginny combed her hair, "Did he say why he was leaving?"
"No... he just said that he was leaving, and he had to leave..."
"Well, I'm glad he left. He was a no good prick," Ron said.
"He's changed," Hermione said, "Hasn't he, Ginny?"
"Well, yeah, but Ron hasn't talked to him, or even seen him since the war," Ginny replied.
     Hermione sighed, "He was head boy, that's got to make a difference."
"I was a prefect once," Ron exclaimed, "Apparently, anyone can be in charge."
     "Being head boy and being a prefect are two different things." Hermione sat up and looked at Ginny, "Now, show me you ring!"
     Ginny held out her hand showing off a diamond ring, Hermione examined it, while Ron scowled in the background.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Hermione sat on her couch, nervously tapping her foot and readjusting things. Just as she looked at her watch, the doorbell rang. She ran up to the door and threw it open.
"Sorry I'm late. The pizza took a while," Draco said holding out a pizza.
"That's ok," Hermione said as she stepped back letting Draco in, "I think I have something to go with the pizza."
     Hermione took the pizza and set it on the coffee table and walked into her kitchen and dug around the cabinets. "I don't usually drink, but I knew I'd want some firewhiskey, and I don't want to go back to the wizarding world just for that. So, I stole the last bottle from my old house," Hermione said while in the kitchen.
"Didn't know you even liked that stuff," Draco called back.
     Hermione came out of the kitchen with two glasses and a bottle of firewhiskey, "Well, it gets the job done. Plus, the slight cinnamon flavor is great for concentrating."
"And that's why the Hermione Granger drinks it."
     Hermione laughed as she poured two drinks, "So, you brought the notebook?"
     Draco picked up a piece of pizza and tossed Hermione a notebook, "That's just everything I know. Basically just the recipe for wolfsbane."
     Hermione took the book and flipped through the pages, nodding every so often, "It looks good. Just not enough information to start it off. Like what do each ingredients do?"
     Draco sighed, "I have no idea."
     Hermione smirked, "Lucky you have me. I just happen to know everything about wolfsbane."
"Ok, so about the ingredients, there's, of course, wolfsbane."
"Toxic to wolves, usually used to kill them."
"Which in a small quantity, could subdue the wolf?"
     Hermione nodded as she wrote it down on a new page.
"Next is powdered silver."
     Hermione started to write some more, "People believe that silver hurts wolves, but it actually doesn't do much, just makes it harder to make."
"Next is Dittany."
"Used to heal cuts." Hermione wrote more in the journal
"Would it be useful?"
     Hermione thought and looked up, "I don't know... maybe? People think it can help heal the mind."
"So we should add more. It heals skin and mind."
"That's a good theory." Hermione wrote the theory down in the journal.
"Next is, valerian root."
"Defiantly take that out. It's a sleeping aid, it makes the person sleepy, so they can sleep through the transformation." She wrote that down in the journal.
"I've always heard it was painful. There is something about moonlight."
"People say that moonlight is a big part of the potion making process, but I just don't believe that."
"What if we grow valerian root in moonlight?"
     Hermione thought, "I don't know, it could work, but where would you get moonlight 24/7?"
"True, but what about powdered moonstone, or moonseed."
"Powdered moonstone is used in draught of peace, probably making the werewolf peaceful. It could work adding more of that," She paused to finish writing in the journal, "And moonseed is used like dittany, used for sores on skin, but toxic in large quantities."
     Draco finished up writing, "So how should we change the potion?"
     Hermione sat and thought, "How about we mix a small bit of Valerian root with moonstone before adding it the the potion?"
     Draco thought, "Your thinking the Valerian root might absorb the properties of the moonstone and only put the wolf part of the person to sleep rather than the entirety of the person."
"Yeah," Hermione said, "It could work, and it's always worth trying."
"It sounds plausible. Magical ingredients are weird like that."
"Exactly why we should try it."
     Draco held up his glass, "Well, I will drink to that."