n i n e t e e n

Hermione sat by Ginny, "Are you excited to hear who is head boy?"
     "Not really," Hermione said, "I don't really care because I will mostly likely be able to get along with them."
     "What if it's Malfoy or someone else." Ginny joked.
     "Well, I really doubt it'll be someone like him... I don't think many people will approve of that. But even so, I don't think he'd be bad to work with. He's obviously changed."
     Hermione looked over to him, only a few people sat at the Slytherin table, most everyone who was a Slytherin left. She looked at Draco, he no longer had his hair slicked back, rather it was a mess. He looked like a mess really, dark bags and tired eyes.
     Just then Professor McGonagall stood up and started her speech. She talked about unity and being strong in this time of rehabilitation. "... And now to announce the Head Girl and Boy. The Head Girl will be Hermione Granger, and the Head Boy will be... Draco Malfoy."
     Hermione heard gasping and talking, she looked over at him and saw he was looking at her. He seemed to have shrunken in his chair. People were starting to riot and yell.
     "Silence!" Professor McGonagall yelled, "If you have a problem with my decisions, take that up with me, though I will not be changing the Heads."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Astoria burst into the bookshop, "Hermione! It's Draco."
     Hermione instantly stood up, "What happened?"
     "Something went wrong at the Hospital."
     Hermione looked towards the fiction section where Emily was, "Go, I can finish stuff up."
     Hermione went to the back to grab her bag and jacket. She walked up to Astoria, "Let's stop at my flat first, it's not a far walk from here."
     They took off walking,  when Hermione slowed down, "What do I do?"
     "What?" Astoria said.
     "While the glasses worked great for the press conference, that won't work for the hospital. People will wonder who I am."
     "Just go as me," Astoria said.
     "Go as you? Are you sure?"
     "Yeah, I'll get some polyjuice potion from Blaise, put my hair in it and you can go to St. Mungo's."
     "Thank you so much," Hermione said, "Can you get the potion while I head back home?"
     "Yeah, it'll be real quick, unless Blaise isn't feeling good, but I still have my ways."
     Hermione watched Astoria duck into an ally. Hermione walked very fast back to her house and went to her nightstand, she pulled out her wand.
     Just the Astoria aparated in, "I got the potions. Surprisingly no questions."
     Astoria plucked out one of her hairs and placed it into the vial, Hermione took the vial and drank it.
     "Here's some spare clothes," Astoria handed her a bag, "All you have to do is walk confidently and don't talk much."
     Hermione took the bag, "Thanks." She walked into her bathroom and saw Astoria staring at her, if she wasn't in a  hurry, she would admire herself. She quickly changed and walked out, "I'll have Draco give you the clothes later," Hermione said, "Please stay out of public for a bit please."
     "Ok," Astoria said before aparating out.
     Hermione grasped her wand at her side and thought about St. Mungo's. When she opened her eyes, she saw the stark white walls of the hospital. She walked up to a nurse, trying her best to act like Astoria, "Do you know where Draco Malfoy is?"
     "Yes, he's down that hallway, fifth door on the left."
     "Thanks," Hermione turned and walked down the corridor and turned into the room that the nurse told her about. She looked around the room before entering and only saw Draco sleeping.
     She sat down beside Draco and held his hand, his eyes fluttered open, "Astoria?"
     Hermione flung herself on Draco and hugged him.
     "Not... Astoria," Draco said confused.
     Hermione pulled away from Draco, "It's me."
     "Hermione? What are you doing here?" Draco said, his eyes more open.
     Hermione grasped onto Draco's hand again, "Astoria told me... she told me you were hurt. She let me go as her. What happened?"
     "I was working on the potion, just doing some small stuff, and when I added some Wolfsbane, it just blew up."
     Hermione gasped, "I thought you knew."
     "Knew what?"
     "If you add to much Wolfsbane to fast, it'll blow up."
     Draco grumbled, "I'm so used to just following instructions, I never noticed that I had to add it slowly. I usually have other people make the potions, that press conference made me so energized for helping the werewolves, I just decided to experiment."
     "What was even in the potion?" Hermione asked.
     "Powdered Moonstone, Dittany, and, well, Wolfsbane."
     "Did you do more research or were you just adding them?"
     "I was just adding them, why?"
     "Because that sounds like a good trial potion."
     "So I should submit those ingredients to the potion makers?"
     "I really think so, and they know how to work with Wolfsbane, so don't worry."
     "Thanks, Hermione," Draco said as he slowly fell asleep.