chp 1 - threats to deaths

Three years ago (1977)...

It was raining heavily, the fog was covering all windows and the heavy droplets pouring down echoed the hollow corridor. I was up at the second floor, sweeping the ground for the third time. Dameria liked her floors clean, but she loved torturing us more.

I looked up at the window as sweat deluged my face. The sky was dark. The dim light gave me an uneasy feeling, like I was going to die in this house. I called out for Carla as my voice echoed the hallway.

No response. Usually Carla would immediately response back.

Suspiciously, I walked down the silent hallway. The hallway began to feel narrow as I sauntered nervously. Absurd thoughts raced my mind as I cautiously looked around. Slowly, the room became dark.

"Carla!" I called out again. I felt dizzy and nauseous and the air felt heavier and heavier on my chest. Finally, I got a response. But it wasn't a good one.

As a scream resonated the dull room from the kitchen, I raced down hurriedly, my heart pumping out of my chest. My feet began to feel sore, but I couldn't stop running. I reached the kitchen, panting as my sweaty hand gripped on the stained wall between the living room and the kitchen. My vision was blurry, but I could see Carla on the floor, crying in agony.

Suddenly, Dameria appeared in front of the agonised Carla, screaming furiously as she threw a chopping knife at Carla. My eyes widened with fear as I cried for Carla, startling by the beast. Her eyes reflected hellfire as her mouth drooled like a hungry, fat wolf. She aggressively turned her head at me with fury in her eyes. I heaved in fear as her sickened eyes laid on me.

"Please.." I begged as hot tears pouring down my perspired face. My head felt like it was going to burst. "Don't hurt her!"

Her dry, wrinkled lips curled into a wicked grin. She walked towards me, stomping at every step she took as she vigorously vibrated the wooden floor. Carla glanced at me, her eyes widened in terror and panic. Soon, her eyelids slowly closed.

"Sh- Dameria, what did you do!" I screamed as I ran to Carla. My heart stopped for a minute when I saw a knife stabbed on Carla's weary, pale skin. I gasped, gently touching her wounds when the worst part hit me like a cannonball; she was dead.

"No, no, no..." I whimpered, holding her cold hands as hot tears burned on my wet cheeks. The air began to feel heavy, I couldn't breathe properly. Everything around me was spinning as Dameria's cackles echoed the frigid room. My body began to shiver as I felt the witch's presence behind me.

"Last one here," she uttered as her deep voice gave me shivers down my spine. Negative thoughts rushed through my mind, giving me mad ideas as I stared at the chopping knife on the bloody floor. "Now.. clean my kit-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I quickly grabbed the knife and gashed her bulky skull, splattering her thick blood everywhere. She lifelessly collapsed on the floor as she hit her head, making that wound more severe. Little giggles escaped my lips as I watched that beast helplessly bleed on the ground.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I first experienced the thrill of madness.

_______

The night was filled with sirens and blue and red lights crowding my front porch. The police were gathered in front of the house, questioning my neighbours while I just stood there outside with a blanket wrapped around me, watching those dead corpses of my stepmother and her daughter covered by the darkest colours of cloth as they get carried by paramedics to the ambulance.