chp 10 - daddy fleck

"I absolutely love the idea of us.. getting married, holding hands while your stomach grows bigger, me pacing down the emergency room in panic while you scream as our baby roughly slides down your vagina.."

He stopped pacing for a minute, and turn his head at me as his eyes looked completely dead. "But not like this."

"We are financially broke as hell, I have no job— of course, well we are wanted around the city— our lives are hell- how did this even happen?" his voice rose as oxygen happened to be out of his mind for a moment until he realised how out of breath he was.

"Look Arthur-" I began but he panickedly cut me off with a shriek.

"I barely know that baby but I love it already, it has my whole entire heart and I can't let it come out to this world with two maniacal parents who are wanted by the GCPD and Arkham!"

"Are you saying.. Arthur, no.." my voice trailed as I gasped at what could be his suggestion, but as he realised what I meant, he nervously laughed, stuttering "no" repeatedly with his head violently shaking.

My mind was racing with thoughts but I couldn't help but to feel exhausted and sleep although I barely got out of bed. What could I say, I was pregnant. One of my eyelids began to feel heavy as my eyes slowly fluttered shut, but my consciences were yelling at me to stay awake and think.

Arthur, like the gentleman he was, noticed how sleepy I was getting so he jumped on the bed and tucked me in, softly apologising for making me stay up late but I convinced him that it was my doing although he was right.

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

___________

"Babe.."

A soft whimper spoke into my ear, its heat warming my side as the a beam of sunlight laid on the white sheets I was buried in. My arms made its way stretching outwards as a big yawn escaped my lips. I felt a pair of warm hands grasping on my waist tight, tugging me to the left.

"Arthur?" I yawned once more before I could fully open my eyes with full conscious. And so it was him whose chest I felt my head rest on. A small, satisfied smile grew on my face as I buried my face deeper in his chest. Softly, he ran his fingers through my hair as he gently stroked my arm.

"We're going to the doctor today," he said.

"Oh that's unnecessary, it's only been two weeks—"

"Two weeks?" Arthur abruptly shrieked with bewilderment. His eyes widened like an owl as his jaws dropped in shock. I knew he'd get mad, so it was time to face the consequences although how many times I have tried to let the news out.

"I wanted to tell you- hell, I tried telling you but you were always busy and your alter ego was always taking control of you. It was so hard."

He let out a saddened moan as I watched the light in his eyes slowly die out from the pain. Without a word, I pulled him closer and hugged him tightly.

"It doesn't matter, now the only thing that matters is the baby," I softly whispered under his face.

"Yes, and you."

______

a/n

shit im sorry this chp is short, imma make the next one longerrrr thank u for being hella patient ilyy byeeee