chp 5 - hotel

fair warning: easter egg :)
__________________

"I could never imagine you living in a warehouse!" I chuckled as I walked around the room, touching everything that was in my eyesight. I had a bright smile plastered on my face, but inside I was trembling. That question gave me chills and I didn't want to bust the nice boys that helped me escape. As I wandered around the room, Arthur grunted loudly and suddenly grabbed my arm tightly.

"Ouch, Arthur!" I winced at him, who seemed to not give one shit about his firm grasp on my arm. Arthur then yanked me close to him and uttered frigidly, "how did you escape?"

It frightened me because I never actually saw this part of Arthur. Maybe when we first met, but when terrorising, he was more goofy than serious. The only time I ever saw him that serious was on the Murray Franklin show when he screamed at Murray seconds before shooting the old man. His pupils widened as the once ocean blue colour of his iris grew darker. That was when I figured it wasn't time for jokes and laughter.

"Two of your men got me out," I mumbled under my breath. It took him awhile to process that, but still he kept calm. I anxiously sat beside him on his long chair as I rubbed his back ensuring him that it was really alright but he never said a word. "Arthur.. come on, say something."

But he sat still, speechless.

"That's it Arthur," I sighed hopelessly as I stood up. "If you're really gonna act like this, I might as well turn myself in to Arkham-"

Arthur then suddenly stood up and pulled my waist closer to him, his shaky breath on my neck giving me the shivers down my spine. Still, he never said one word, but at that moment, I didn't mind, although I didn't know what his intentions were. All I felt was his heat and his deep crave of intimacy when I felt his hands all the way down my-

"Arthur wait," I stuttered as I gently pushed him away, collecting myself as I closed my eyes anxiously. He simply stared at me with confusion in his eyes. Clearly, now I knew what his intentions were. But why now? "Let's talk about it hon, don't avoid it."

With a scoff, he chuckled irretrievably, "what is there to talk about? Danny and Thomas had already ruined one of my greatest plans, remind me to fire them later. I wanted to be the one to get you out, not them. It's unfair, it's-"

"Look," I interrupted as I moved closer to him, my arms resting on his shoulder, "I know you did, I wanted the same but I didn't want it to be that way. You're dramatic and that's one of the things I lov-"

Before I could finish that sentence, I realised I had slipped out the L word. Awkwardly, I glanced away from him and cleared my throat, then continuing like a complete fool.

"..like about you, but risking those patients lives was something else. Live up to what you keep in mind: kill the ones who wronged you. And those men only brought me out to save you from getting in."

Finally, the moment eased up as Arthur nodded with a smile on his face. It seemed like he understood, but as I gazed into those bright blue orbs, there was a spot of doubt in his eyes. Tiredly, I buried my face on his shoulder as I pulled him tightly into a hug, whispering, "please understand." I heard the man chuckle as he hugged me tighter,

"I do, anything for you."

We gradually pulled away from each other and Arthur had his unsettled look on his face, like something was missing. He then cupped my chin, but looked at my outfit.

"How long have you not showered?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow. I was utterly flustered when he twirled me around, looking at my body. He then led me to a pastel blue door, which I assumed was the bathroom, but instead was a ticket way out of the warehouse. It led to this deserted, hot area where no building could be seen. It was depressing seeing such empty land.