one.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

Thailiana walked into the empty bar, a few people sitting at different tables with a drink in hand. Surely the ones who were still grieving their losses, no doubt. It was only nine thirty in the morning and here she found herself in front of the counter of a bar in Small Heath, somewhere the brunette didn't think she'd ever return to after many years spent away. The man she once knew cleaned glasses and sorted out bottles of expensive looking alcohol, placing them in the correct order and spot on the shelves. He stopped his worked as he noticed the new girl in his presence, wiping his hands off on his apron.

"How can I help you?" The bartender asked Thailiana in the nicest voice possible, she looked weak to him and he didn't want to startle her.

"Now, Harry, I thought you'd recognise me!" The young lady exclaimed, wondering if his memory was extremely short termed or if she'd changed that much since before the war.

She used to live in Small Heath, of course it was a very long time ago as she'd moved when she was simply 12 years old. Harry was a friend of her father's, a very kind lad who used to look after her when her father went away on business.

The man looked at her, inspecting every inch of her face before his face morphed into one of surprise. He'd recognised her by the eyes, dark brown eyes that could even be misinterpreted as black.

"Jesus, Thailiana, you've grown." He said before quickly making his way around the bar to embrace the woman. She simply laughed at him and wrapped her arms around him, patting his back gently. "What are you doin' back in this old town, eh? And where's ya sister?"

"I needed a change of scenery and thought that this'd be the best place for that. Jade's back at home, we're back in the old house." She smiled and took a seat as Harry went back behind the counter. "Could you do me a favour, Harry?"

"Sure, what d'you need?" He leaned back against the wall, waiting to hear the favour she was expecting him to do for her.

"Can you give me a job? I'm living off of dad's money for now but it's not going to last forever and I need something to keep me busy." Harry laughed as if her request was the most absurd thing he'd ever heard.

"Of course I can, I remember how good you worked back when you were a little girl! I imagine that hasn't changed."

Thailiana grinned at her employer and hurriedly stood up.

"When do I start?"

-