twenty.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

Thailiana groaned inelegantly as she failed yet again to zip up her dress. She was getting ready for the family occasion Tommy had spoken to her about. He hadn't been the one to invite her though, Ada did, when they saw each other at the bathhouse. She bribed her into it, telling her that she'd only go if her favourite barmaid accompanied her to the event.

It turns out Thomas had set his younger brother up with a rowdy Lee girl, and they were due to marry only hours later.

"Jade? Are you done getting ready?" The brunette yelled out to her sibling, who popped her head around the corner. "Can you help me?"

Jade nodded her head before joining her sister in front of the mirror, zipping up her dress. The redhead wore a knee length green dress, it brought out her eyes. Her older sibling had bought it for her on her thirteenth birthday and now she finally had the opportunity to wear it. The long sleeves covered her pale arms which meant she wouldn't have to carry the burden of a coat when she was dancing.

The green colour of her dress assembled perfectly with the dark blue Thailiana wore. It was more of a midnight blue, with a tight lace top that showed off the curve of her breasts and a silky skirt that flowed in the wind. It was tied together by a white belt and she'd paired it with one of their mother's pearl necklaces.

"You look beautiful, Thailiana!"

"Thank you, baby." The oldest wrapped her arm around the fourteen year old's shoulders before moving on to her makeup. Applying her regular amount of powder and blush, she coated her lips with the usual red lipstick.

"Can you do me as well?" Jade exclaimed as she sat beside the brunette on her stool in front of her vanity. Thailiana laughed at her before nodding her head, turning her sister towards her. She dabbed the powder lightly onto her skin, carefully so she didn't add too much on her face, making sure to leave her freckles alone. They gave much more life to her looks, the small dots made her look youthful, which she still was, and added to her beauty. She found her most natural looking lipstick and gently applied it onto her pink lips.

"You almost look like a woman." The brunette teased, giggling as the young girl pushed her, catching herself on her vanity before she could fall.

"So, did you speak with Tommy?"

"I did."

"And?" The redhead inquired energetically, a large smile forming on her face.

"We kissed."

"Only kissing?"

"Yes, Jade, only kissing." Thailiana laughed, shaking her head before standing up. She motioned for her sister to do the same, slipping on her black heels.