seven.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

"She's a very good singer." Thailiana commented as she stared at Grace who was standing on a makeshift stage near the pub's piano. A romantic ballad flooded through the room, her soft voice sending chills down spines and warmth through hearts. She heard Harry agree with her, struggling due to the men in the bar beginning to sing along with her. Their drunken voices mixed with Grace's smooth vocals were a strange combination, to say the least.

The brunette's head turns when she hears the pub door open, seeing John Shelby followed by Thomas entering the crowded room. The awful singing stopped as the men noticed them yet Grace's voice still filled every ear in hearing distance. Her singing faltered slightly, nerves taking over as she kept her eyes fixated on Tommy.

Thailiana began cleaning off the bar, feeling Thomas' eyes on her. Why weren't they on the beautiful, talented blonde? She couldn't help but ask herself. After all, her singing was breathtaking. Every one around her was waiting for the Shelby's reaction, he hadn't spoken a word since entering. He'd been busy listening to the words and all he could do was compare a specific barmaid to the lyrics.

"As pretty as a robin, as gentle as a dove." Grace concluded her ballad, silence taking over in place of her vocals.

"We haven't had singing in here since the war." Harry dares to speak up, addressing himself to Tommy. The barmaid stopped her cleaning, peering up at her childhood role model and the handsome man before him. She almost shivered as she noticed the coldness in his blue eyes, a hard glare being directed towards her friend.

"Why do you think that is?"

Thailiana watched Thomas lead John into the private snug and jumped as he slammed the door. She wondered why he was in such a bad mood, it's not like Grace was bad at singing. The chatter resumed as every one understood that both Shelby's would be staying in the snug.

Once Grace was back behind the bar, the brunette rushed to grab a bottle of the finest whiskey and two glasses before making her way to the snug. She knocked on the door, waiting for an answer and as soon as she got one, Thailiana walked into the small room. Almost as if it was instinct, her eyes instantly found Tommy's. She set the glasses down on the table in front of them, pouring the alcoholic substance into the clear glass and she placed the bottle down, leaving it on the table in case they wanted some more.