twenty one.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

"It wasn't me."

Thomas Shelby held his head in his hands, rubbing his eyes harshly as he tried to defend himself. He sat in Thailiana's kitchen, at her dining table, while she prepared some tea. They both decided it best to not drink alcohol, so they settled for the warm beverage instead.

"I know, Tommy."

She sat in front of him after placing two teacups on the round table. The brunette reached out to remove his hands from his face, holding them with her own. He looked devastated, he'd tried to do something good for his family and once again it failed. It seemed as if the Shelby's could never get a moment of peace before something ruined their happiness.

"Why do you believe me?" Tommy questioned, eyebrows furrowing as their eyes met. She had no reason to believe him, but she did.

"You looked so surprised and confused, like you truly had no idea." Thailiana admitted after a while of searching for the right words to say. "And I saw how hurt you were when Polly acted the way she did. You try your best to hide them, Tommy- your emotions, but I see right through it."

"I just don't understand how it happened." He groaned, trying to figure out what could've gone wrong. "How would they even know?"

"Tom?" The brunette spoke after a moment of consideration. She couldn't figure out wether to tell him of her suspicions or wether to keep them to herself. "Did Grace know?"

"About what?"

"About Freddie."

"I don't think-" He paused, thinking back to when he was in the snug with his brothers. "Yes."

"Do you think it could've been her?"

"Possibly." Thomas shrugged, mindlessly playing with her fingers. He caressed her soft skin, his attention elsewhere. "I've never fully trusted her."

"She's too curious, and I think she may be jealous." Thailiana bit her lip softly, deep in thought. She focused on Tommy's large hands holding her small ones, the size difference significantly noticeable, almost like their height. It seemed to her that she was two times smaller than him.  "She gets happy whenever something bad happens, and earlier she looked unusually smug when Pol was telling you off."

"You seem positive that it was her."

"It's only an assumption. But I've caught her listening in on your conversations more than once, Tommy. No normal person does that unless they are gathering information."