twenty two.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

By ten o'clock the next morning, Thailiana was already seated in the back room of the Garrison checking that all deliveries and bills had been payed and sent. With her in the pub was Grace, who busied herself by sorting through the new boxes of cigarettes that they'd ordered.

Heavy footsteps resonated throughout the bar, both women turning their heads at the sound. Thomas Shelby soon joined the brunette in the room after sending a Shelby-like nod towards Grace and Thailiana quickly moved her focus back onto the mass of papers on the desk.

"There's tea." She pointed out, nodding to the teacup on the corner of the desk. He ignored her, moving towards her and glancing down at the open diary that had a few key words scribbled in neat handwriting under different days of the months.

"The new system." Tommy hummed, his eyes reading over the information. "Everything in the diary, eh?"

She hummed while nodding her head as she flicked through the pages. Thomas stopped her once she got to the page he needed, his hand reaching into his coat to grab his pen. He drew a star on the third of December, leaving the woman staring at him in confusion.

"Black star," Thailiana spoke up, looking back down at the mark he'd left on the thin paper. "What does that mean?"

"The black star day," He began, giving her his usual smirk. "is the day we take out Billy Kimber and his men. No one knows this."

Thailiana sighed at his words, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Not even your family?"

"Liana," Thomas sighed, making his way out of the room. He paused as he reached the door, turning towards her. "Every one in my family hates me. Why would I tell them?"

He left her in silence, closing the door behind him. Thailiana shut the diary harshly, the loud sound echoing in the small space. She stood from the chair, sliding back underneath the desk before exiting the room. On her way out she passed Grace, who stared back at her with a knowing gleam in her blue eyes.