twenty six.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

      As Thomas had said they would, him and the rest of the Peaky Blinders walked into the Garrison. Thailiana didn't waste any time before giving Grace her cloth, letting her finish cleaning up as she began serving drinks for the men.

"All right, lads, listen up. You have a pint and a chaser, no more. On the house." He said as he walked behind the bar, rubbing his hands together before grabbing a glass, sending a small smile towards his favourite barmaid. "Right, let's get pouring."

"Do you have the enclosure tickets and a register of book keepers on the track?" Thailiana checked, making sure he'd prepared everything he needed.

"In me coat." He nodded, pouring the drinks. "You did a good job, Liana. I'll be expecting you again at the next family meeting, as well."

"If I were family," She smiled, looking at the man beside her. "But I'm not."

"That could change."

"I- Tommy?"

"We'll talk about it more when I get back, alright?" The Shelby man smirked, his free hand placing itself on her lower back, threatening to go lower if she hadn't brushed it off with a smile. "Talking amongst other things, of course."

"When will you be back?" Thailiana continued, ignoring his comment that almost had her bright red.

"Now, is this how it's going to be, eh?" He laughed, glancing towards her as they both poured beer into pint glasses. "You waiting at home for me saying, what time do you call this?"

The barmaid held back a giggle before noticing the glare of the blonde on her, her giddy smile falling from her face. She shuffled uncomfortably under her mean stare. "The barrel needs changing."

Her heart clenched at the sight of Tommy's fading smile, hating the fact that she wouldn't have had to see it if she weren't so insecure under Grace's harsh eyes. She went into the backroom, letting out big breaths of air as she tried to calm herself down. She leaned against the wall, closing her eyes as she tried to remember the fact that no matter how badly the other barmaid had tried, she'd still managed to win herself the man they both wanted.

"Go on, Tommy, go out the back and give her a good seeing to before we go." Arthur encouraged his younger brother, a playful smirk on his face.

The man did as he was told, brushing a hand through his hair as he opened the door.

"Liana, hey," He walked towards her, his hands reaching up to brush her hair out of her face. "I was joking."