One

[Prologue]

7 Years Ago in California, America

"Are you sure you want to do this, Sejeong-ah?" I just shut my eyes listening to the question. Tears seem cannot to be denied anymore when they fall down onto my cheeks.

"Please, Nayoung-ah. You're the only friend I got to give me courage. I need to be strong and move on." She said.

"Yeah, I know but.. Don't you think there is some other ways to.. you know, make you feel better?" I leave her question unanswered and just looking at the road in front of me. We are on our way to the hospital as Nayoung is driving for me. I keep hearing her sighing as she focus on her driving. I know, I know what is she thinking right now. That I am crazy.

I lost my fiance two months ago. We are about to get married a week before he got into a car crash. Yook Sungjae is someone that always been there for me since we are in University. I went here to America to continue my study but things doesn't seem well after he left. I lost half of my soul and he is always there in every beat of my heart. Time really take everything for me to move on. I tried to be strong but I feel so lonely. I can't seem to meet another person because I ending up going back to him.

"Sejeong-ah.. We are here." Nayoung pressed the lock of my seatbelt and we both coming out from her car. Nayoung is the best-friend I've ever had in my life, she is always there for me and even when the first time we met, she save me from swindler in our class. She is like an angel to me but today, she kinda hesitated to drive me to the hospital.

"Yah, lemme ask you again." She turned my body to her to make sure i'm looking straight into her eyes. "What?" I said. "Please tell me, are you really sure about taking someone's sperm you don't even know who into your body and get pregnant?" I nodded to her question and she looks like she's totally losing her mind.

"Wow, you really.. As far as know for 5 years we have been friends, I'm the total crazy one between us but this shit is totally crazy from everything! You're going to be a single mom, you crazy woman! Did you aware of that?" She yelled at me like i'm a deaf person and people starting to stare at both of us.

I gave Nayoung a stare and she ending up sighing next to me again. She knew she got nothing against me because I always make a good decision even if it is about her own life. "Sejeong-ah, don't you want to rethink about this again?" She run next to me as I started walking inside the hospital building, going toward the reception counter to get my appointment.

"Kim Sejeong with Dr.Lee, please." The receptionist nodded as she took a phone to her ear and telling the doctor that I'm already here. "Floor no 5 please. Find a room that has Dr.Lee's name and you're there." I nodded and thanked the receptionist for her help as Nayoung is still following me with disconsolated face.

"I don't have any other choice." I said when we are in the elevator. "What??? You got tons of choice, Kim Sejeong. Out of all, why are you choosing this?" I shook my head and Nayoung is frustratedly looking away. "I don't want to meet another man, I want to live on my own and having a child on my own. If I do this, nobody going to say anything when I move back to Korea. Even my own parents. My child will be under my own name. I'll settle down." The elevator gave us a ting and we finally arrived at the fifth floor. I was walking fast toward the doctor's office before my hand got yanked by Nayoung.

I look at her face, she looking at me with sad eyes but a soft smile on her lips. "You know what is the best for your own. Goodluck for everything, Sejeong-ah." She said and I immediately took her into my embrace. "Thank you, Nayoung. You are the best friend I could never have even if I born again." She laughed at my words and patted my shoulder. "I know right..."