thug$ in love ♡ california

kamari

1991

"Kamari! I told yo ass you need to come wash these dishes before you leave!"

"Ma, it's only nine!"

"Kamari get down here, I can't hear you!"

Really?

I walk downstairs and lean against the kitchen door frame. "What ma?"

"First of all don't what me. Second of all why last night Faith call me talkin' bout some Kamari in jail?"

"Ma-"

"Kamari if you bout to lie to me right now, shut up."

Imma shut up.

"Kamari I told you bout sellin' those drugs. I know you nineteen and be helping me pay the bills but baby . . . sellin' ain't the only job in the world."

I give her a weak smile and she turns around and start to wash the dishes. I step beside her and throw my arm around her shoulders.

"Thank you and I love you." I kiss her cheek. "What, you don't love me back?"

"I love you too Kamari, even though you make me wanna hurt you sometimes."

She gives me a small smile and I can see that she's worried about me but I gotta do what I gotta do.

After I get out of the shower I open my closet door and throw on a long sleeve yellow shirt, some black jeans, and some all white forces.

I look in the mirror and contemplate if I wanna deal with my hair.

Hell no.

I throw my hair up in a ponytail and grab my bag and head downstairs.

"Where you going?" I hear my momma ask me.

"To Faith's. Wassup?"

"Just be safe, please?" I walk over to my momma and kiss her cheek.

"I'll come back in one piece. I love you." She squeezes my hand and says it back.

When I walk out of the house I throw my headphones on and start to walk to Faith's house. I look at my pager and see this guy I deal to want some weed. I ignore it and put it back in my pocket.