Hop x reader- (Are you oh-k?)

Requested by Rainbowcat936
Hope you all enjoy!!

You and Hop grew up together. You were both endorsed by his brother, Leon as his power of champion. Hop was always so cheerful and go-lucky but after his fight with Bede he became more distance. You were starting to get worried about him because it affects his fighting but not to mention his attitude. When you want to talk to him about what's going on with him but he runs off before you can talk to him. Which makes you even more nervous because you do have a huge crush on him.
But you were determined to help him. You were in Hammerlocke sitting around waiting for Hop. You ask him if you could meet up and have a fight before the 8th gym. You wanted to work on double battles. To no surprise Hop accept the fight. You really want to practice before fighting Raihan but you also plan to talk to Hop about what's going on.
"Hey (y/n), there you are!" You hear from a distance away. You look up to see Hop running towards you. You run up and meet Hop half way. You notice that Hop is out of breath, did he run all the way here?
"Hey Hop, you out of breath? Did you run all the way here?" You asked him.
"I did but that's not the point. Come on I know I was in a bit of a slump but I'm getting better. Come on let's have a battle." Hop excitedly stated bringing out one of his pokeball. You sigh and took out your pokeball, you will ask him later.
When you were fighting him you notice something odd about him. While he was slightly better and paying more attention to the fight. But whenever you look over to him, he would away almost hurt. The fight was difficult but in the end you won the fight.
"That was a good fight Hop! Come on why don't we go out to eat after that tough fight." You offered.
"Uh I would love to but I have to go!" Hop said running off before you could say anything. Hop left you in the dust, you sigh at seeing him do the same thing as he has been doing for a while. You dieced to sit down on a bench to think of your next plan. Without you noticing two guys walk up to you.
"Hey pretty, what are you doing here?" One of them said. You look up to see the two guys and red flag start to shine the moment you saw them.
"Nothing I was taking a break but going back on my walk." You say standing up. But the other guy grab your hand.
"Come on don't do that. You should know not to walk out when someone is talking to you." The guy is saying. You were starting to get scared from them.
"Well I'm busy so I must get going." You say trying to get out of there grasp. You really wish you heal your pokemon right now.
"Come on, we just want to talk for a bit. Maybe over a bite to eat." The guy states.
"Hey let go of her!" You look over to see Hop running back over to you. Hop ran over grabbing your hand, breaking you out of their grasp. "Come on (y/n)! Let's get going!"
You and Hop start running from the two. You run for a while till Hops pull you into an alleyway. You were both out of breath, panting a hold lot. You still scared out of your mind from what happen so you were still shivering. Hop must have noticed because he pulled you into a hug.
"Hey, hey it's oh-k they won't hurt you. I got you now, I'll protect you." hop say rubbing your back. You started to cry and Hop just stay by you. Once you calm down you tried to let go but Hop kept you close.
"I'm sorry for leaving you behind like that. It's just what Bede said to me just got me thinking." Hop stated.
"What did he tell you?" You asked.
"I-I don't know its just something dumb." Hop seem a bit embarrassed about what it is.
"Hey it's nothing dumb if it got you down. Come on tell me I won't make fun of you." You say getting closer to him. Hop seems to get a bit red when you got closer.
"It just he said how I failing the champion when I lost a fight. I got over that but the other thing he said," He said; you stay quiet seeing if he continued, "He mention you saying if I don't get better I will loss you. And with what happen today I almost did. I can't let that happen again."
You were at a loss with all he just said. You were at a loss for words but you knew what to do. You lean up to him gave him a quick peck on the lips. When you saw his face he was just as much of loss of words as you.
You gave him a smile and say, "Hop your not losing me. I'm staying with you till the end. So don't listen to Bede words." You close in on the distance and gave him another kiss to where he kiss back. The kiss was a long time coming and you were glad you waited this long for it. When you two part Hop had his old smile back on his face.
"Hey if we're together now, why don't we go on that diner you were saying earlier." Hop suggested.
"Yeah that sounds great." You say walking to the restaurant hand and hand.

Thank you for reading. Until next time
Signing out.
-Kid