II

(a/n: triggering subject ahead. Read at your own risk.)

KURONO KISHI, THE NAME THAT MADE [NAME] FREAK OUT. The man that bore the power to shatter [name]'s dreams, to take her freedom away. Because of a marriage arranged by her father sir Lothrian III between her oldest daughter and the prince Kurono Kishi, son of the King Kurono Sa and the Queen Cascabell of the Danelaw Kingdom, a large island located in the whereabouts of the West Blue.

Upon her father's request, [name] danced with the West Blue prince Kurono Kishi, her soon-to-be-husband. One of his hands held hers as it was commonly done in vals, while the other rested close to her backside, as he pressed her firmly to his body. His gaze was fixed on her neckline, and he did not make any effort to hide it. Although [Name] was aware of that, she didn't say a word, for her father would retaliate against her later. She tried to repress her urges to free herself from his hold but all she could do was look away, resting her [e/c] orbs on her mother in hopes that she would do something to help her escape this awful situation.

However, as much as Bradley Dorotski wanted to do something, she couldn't conspire against her husband's wishes, for it would mean not only a punishment for her but also for her daughter, and the last thing she wanted was to hurt [name]. So all she did was send her a sad look.

"Miss [name]," In politeness, her sight turned to meet Kishi's indigo gaze. "How about we go upstairs so we can talk more... privately?"

His breath fanned against her ear, she wanted more than anything to push him away but she couldn't—otherwise, it would be rude, and she knew she couldn't abash her family in front of the other members of the royalty. What is more, her etiquette forbidded her from doing so. In other words, she knew better than that.

"P-prince Kurono, why don't we stay here instead?" She suggested, turning down his offer. She came up with an excuse that wasn't actually an excuse, but a matter of politeness instead, according to her governess's teachings. "Besides, it would be rude to leave when guests are still here, wouldn't y-you agree?" The thought of being alone with this man was making her anxious and [name] wanted to avoid that at all costs.

"Ah, miss [name]... you have always been so attentive and kind." The male flattered, his indigo eyes always going from her gaze to her neckline and back. The brunette noticed this and felt uncomfortable under his gaze."I just wanted to get to know you better, since we're going to get married soon."

"Would it be so wrong to spend some time with you, my sweet fianceé?" He caressed her cheek with one of his gloved hands. Because of the anxiousness, the brunette's face turned red, and she felt her palms sweating.

In her nervous state, she didn't hear her father approaching both of them who, instead of saying something to preserve the politeness he had tried by all means to inculcate [name], he encouraged them to leave.

"I think it would be a good idea for you to get to know each other. Why don't you go, my daughter?"

She looked at her father with pleading [e/c] eyes,

"F-father, b-but the guests-"

"[name], I think I said that it would be a good idea for you to get to know your future husband, didn't I?" Her father repeated with a threatening tone, and she knew better than to talk back. The [e/c] eyed girl sighed in defeat and obliged to her fianceé's wish.

"Would you lead the way, sweet [name]?" The younger male gestured for [name] to hold onto his arm.

She lowered her sight to the floor and nodded.