V

IT WAS ALMOST NIGHT. Men were gathering at the dining room, hungry and thirsty after a long day of working. 

[Name] was still sitting on the floor, metal handcuffs wrapped around her wrists tight enough to bruise her delicate skin. Her eyes closed, the girl was clearly asleep. Light snoring filled the silent captain's quarters  until a rather loud bang startled her. 

Man, she was really enjoying her little nap and wished it lasted longer. Too bad that she was in no pleasure cruise. 

The H/C girl jolted awake, and blinked a few times. She recognized the figure before her, though she didn't know his name: It was the blonde masked guy from this morning. His hair  long and unruly, he was standing right in front of her.

Said male kneeled before her petite figure. 

 "It's almost dinner time." He said.

The H/C girl widened her eyes, clearly she had lost track of time. "Oh, dear!" She said with a surprised tone. "Have I slept all the afternoon?"

"Yes." He replied, his voice was monotonous. "Kid wants you to serve dinner."

Serve? She wasn't used to it, she had been a noble until a short while ago. Still, she didn't have much of a choice... And, come to think of it, she didn't want to be in no ways similar to royalty in any aspect. 

"Oh... Well," She retorted. "But I am afraid that I won't be useful unless I have these handcuffs taken off my hands."

"Huh?" He most likely would have given her a questioning look. "Oh. You're right." 

He helped her to her feet and then unlocked the cuffs, setting her wrists free. She rubbed them as she felt the blood recirculating again, the tingle under her skin being proof of it. Standing up, she smoothed her dress and ran a hand through her hair. 

'How rude of those men to put me such tight cuffs on.' She thought.

"Let's go." He headed to the door and motioned her to come with him. She did as told and they left headed to the kitchen.

Given the size of the ship, it wasn't weird that the kitchen was quite big. [Name] looked around, noticing there were people everywhere running from side to side, going inside and outside over and over again. Until now, she didn't notice that there were no other women besides her, which made her feel wary of the pirates, even more given the recent events.

"Don't worry," The blonde said, "They won't lay a finger on you." 

Well, wasn't she an obvious one? Either that, or the blonde was very perceptive.

"I..." She mumbled. "I am sorry... I did not mean to give that impression... It was very rude of me."

"It's alright." He retorted, cutting some vegetables. "It's normal to think like that, though. But you have my word."

"Now, here." He handed her a knife, which she almost failed to catch. "We gotta get moving." 

"Y-yes!" She nodded and started cutting vegetables as well.

From time to time she would glance at him and couldn't help but wonder what he would look like without that mask. However, curiosity wouldn't take the best of her; Ms. Unuborette still haunted her in her mind. It was impossible for her not to think of the old lady scolding her while pointing at her, moving it in a reprimanding manner. 

"Well, since will be cooking together tonight, we might as well introduce each other, wouldn't you agree?" She turned to him.

He set the vegetables he was carrying on the table and looked at her.