chapter 5

█  ✪  █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█  ✪  █

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

"So, what is this 'thing' you want us to find?" Sooyoung wondered aloud as the six of them walked together through the hallways.

"I want you to find Habin's missing arm."

"nANI?" Yeona yelped out in alarm, obviously not expecting that. "Now that I think of it, her arm was missing." Chanmi mused from behind, earning a slight nod from Narin.

"Oh well, good luck on finding it. This 'possible' chance of survival for one of you really depends on luck."

Ayano then facepalmed at that statement. "Luck my arse." She cursed, obviously really pissed at this unknown person.

"Language, my dear." The voice said, then clicked his tongue as if mocking her.

"Ew." Ayano scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Careful, we don't want you to roll your eyes too much until it rolls to the back of your head~" the unknown voice cooed in an almost childish manner which made them gag.

"That's downright disgusting." Yuna chimed, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"Anyways, back to the topic, you'd need to split up to find the arm. Ayano and Yuna together, then Yeona and Sooyoung, and lastly Narin and Chanmi. Now let the game officially begin."

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

Ayano and Yuna both woke up, finding themselves in the same room they found Habin's body in. Yuna shuddered at the awful memory, making Ayano cast a worried glance at her. Now Habin's body was gone and so were the blood stains on the floor, the only remaining evidence of her death were the blood smeared onto the walls.

"It seems like she might've been tortured to death so I'm guessing her arm shouldn't be near." Ayano said, sighing as she went over to the spot which they both remembered Habin was when they found her. Yuna nodded in agreement, "let's get searching then."

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

"Where do you think her arm might've gone?" Narin asked, holding up a torch as both Chanmi and Narin slowly walked through a dark hallway which probably was the only one that wasn't lighted like the others.

"I dunno." Chanmi replied, nudging Narin a bit to stop as they came across a peculiar painting. This painting seemed to depict a female who strangely looks similar to Habin, lying down on a chair with her eyes wide open as her mouth formed a large 'o' shape. The woman's arm was gone, which was the exact same side of Habin's that mysteriously disappeared. Chanmi's eyes trailed across the painting in an attempt to examine it further, then gasping when she saw the painted woman's arm hanging on the chandelier in the painting.

"Do you think that Habin's arm might've been on the chandelier of the very same room she was murdered?" Narin asked, tearing her gaze away from the gruesome painting to look at Chanmi whose eyes were still locked onto it, as if trying to find any unspoken truth. "Maybe." She vaguely replied, before too, looking at Narin with a serious look.

"The thing is, there was no chandelier in that room."

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

"Soo, I'm scared." Yeona said, shivering in fear as she clung onto Sooyoung. Sooyoung patted the younger's head as if to comfort her, despite her feeling scared as well.

The two ventured together down the dark hallway, both screaming when a flash of lightning appeared outside of the large floor-length window at the end of the corridor, followed by a loud clap of thunder which made them scream once more

"This is going to be a long search." Sooyoung muttered to herself, looping an arm around Yeona's shoulders since Yeona was obviously much shorter than her.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

█  ✪  █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█  ✪  █