chapter 12

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

honestly i ' m running out of ideas on how to kill people but since you guys voted for ayano to go imma just sit at a corner and cry —

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

Later on after the entire breakfast scene where the 'couple' excused themselves and Yeona just sneaking out to spy on them after she was done, the four were completely silent other than hushed whispers and soft giggles from the new couple. Yeona literally used her pillow to try cover her ears, seeming slightly annoyed with the open show of affection. Ayano was sitting at a corner reading some random books she found, throwing one book after another to a random corner if she finds it uninteresting or too disturbing.

Finally after what seemed like forever, Ayano broke the 'silence'. "You know what? I'm going to go look for the exit to get out of this place. I can't stand this anymore." She rambled, standing up from her armchair which ended up dragging a little across the floor, the sound of the legs scraping against the floor made Yeona wince slightly. "But Ayano, you know what happened the last time we tried." Chanmi sighed, trying to reason with her. Sooyoung nodded along, agreeing to Chanmi's statement. "I know but I just can't sit back and watch this happening! We aren't dolls for that psychopath to play with!" Ayano yelled, obviously getting annoyed after each passing second which made the maknae visibly flinched when she raised her voice. Ayano softened, catching Yeona's reaction before dropping her voice into a soft tone, "sorry." Yeona shook her head as if to say that she doesn't need to worry about it and sat up on her bed. "If you're going, I'm going." She declared, letting go of the pillow she was holding onto. Ayano smiles weakly and looked at the couple, "and you two...?" She asked, probing them for a response.

"Nah, we're staying." Sooyoung replied for them, clutching on to Chanmi's arm while forcing a smile. Well, she just wants to spend more time with her lover while she still can...if either of them ends up dying. Ayano nodded in understanding, letting them off the hook. "Okay then so Yeona and I will go look for the exit." Ayano said, almost as if repeating herself for no entire reason. "Stay safe." Chanmi said softly, her voice almost too gentle to go unheard. Ayano and Yeona didn't reply, already making their way out of the room.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

"Why did you decided to come with me?" Ayano asked once they were out of the room, closing the door behind her. "I just can't stand Chanmi and Lana acting all lovey-dovey." Yeona replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, crossing her arms in annoyance. "Or...are you just being salty?" Ayano asked again, raising an eyebrow, if not for that it might've sounded rather playful. "Pfft, no! Also it's not like jealous or anything." She muttered, huffing slightly and started to walk ahead of Ayano. Ayano then giggled before snickering under her breath, "tsundere." Obviously, it did not go unheard by the younger who turned around and shot Ayano a small glare which made her crack up even more. It was just so hard to take Yeona seriously since whatever she did looked adorable.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

"Are you sure we should leave the two of them out alone?" Chanmi asked worriedly. Currently she was cuddling with Sooyoung who seemed rather comfortable in their position. "I'm sure they'll be fine." Sooyoung muttered sleepily. "After all, Ayano is there, she won't let anything bad happen." She added, but still Chanmi can't help but feel unsettled, almost as if she felt like something will go horribly wrong. "Just relax Chanmi." Sooyoung said softly, placing a soft peck on her cheek, at that Chanmi forced a small grin on her face, trying to brush off her uneasiness, relenting to the younger.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

"I take back my words, maybe this isn't such a good idea."

"But unnie! You were the one who suggested it in the first place."

Yeona sighed, though she was still clinging on to Ayano's arm. Currently they are sort of lost, even Yeona lost her own sense of direction. "Let's just try retrace our footsteps." Ayano suggested, Yeona nodded in reply. The two then turned the other way and saw a painting at the end of the corridor which was literally a dead end. The painting depicted seven figures, each one familiar to them. It was them. The ones who have died, Narin, Yuna and Habin were drawn to have sad faces, their surrounding aura was dark in comparison to the Sooyoung, Chanmi and Yeona in the painting who were smiling. Ayano was the only one who seemed to have a neutral kind of tone, her expression shows neither happiness nor sadness. Ayano faltered when she caught sight of the her in the painting, her eyes going wide. "W-what is the meaning of this?" She asked, seeming a bit scared. "U-unnie, we should go." Yeona said exasperatedly, unable to look at the painting any further as she tugged at Ayano's arm in an attempt to pull her away.

"This means, you are going to die next, my dearest Ayano." The man's voice echoed around them, making Yeona jump. "Unnie, we really should go." She urged, now craving for the safety of their room. All around them the walls parted ways, revealing a lot of knight statues you often would find in castles, holding up their swords as if threatening them.

"Revivus."

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

i ' m sry ,  dis chapter sucks so bad .  i ' m like running out of ideas on how to kill them .

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █