pain- chapter 10

( lol Idk, where this story is going ideas, are always welcomed.

Izuku's POV

Why was everything blurry? I open my eyes to see another hospital room; only this one had more wires and machines. I look around and see my mom sleeping in a chair, she usually doesn't stay overnight because of her job, so why is she here?

" Mom," I say, my voice is scratchy. I really need some water, she looks up, and tears start falling down her face as she comes to hug me. " What's wrong?" I ask. Before my mom could say anything, the doctor comes back in holding a clipboard.

" Glad to see your awake." he says before walking up and checking some things around me, " we are going to do some tests to see if everything is working right. The doctor says, just like that, some nurses come in with a wheelchair.

" I don't think I need one of those," I say as I try to get up, I can stand for a couple of seconds before I start falling, lucky for me the nurses were there to catch me.

" izuku, how do I put this? You were in a coma for weeks, and your muscles aren't really working right movement in the legs might not be something you can do for a while," The doctor says. I look at him and start laughing.

" your joking right," I say, looking to my mother who has started crying again, I hate seeing my mom cry " right?" I say, waiting for them all to start laughing and saying it was a joke.

" no, we aren't joking Izuku; we will leave you two alone for a while. We can come back later," the doctor said, walking out of the room, leaving the stupid wheelchair.

" Mom?" I ask hot tears starting to pool down my face, " w-what's happening to me?" I ask, she runs back over to be petting my hair and whispering that it was going to be ok but it never was ok, its going to be ok is just one of those things people tell you when they don't want to explain why your life is messed up, first it was that I'm not going to live the average lifespan of a healthy person and now that walking might not be a thing anymore.

" Izu, are you ok," She asks; I haven't talked for half an hour, and she was worrying I sigh might as well make her happy, so I smile.

" I'm fine."

_____________

No one's POV

Izuku wasn't going to let a little thing like walking stop him, so with his new pair of weels and a little encoring from bakugo, the two were having a wheelchair race.

" Are you sure this is a good idea?" Izuku asks as he puts his hands on the weels, " where did you even get a wheelchair?"

" First, of course, this is a great idea because I came up with it, and second I stole it from an old lady."

" KACCHAN"

" what she was almost dead anyway," bakugo says as he sits in the chair, Izuku rolled his eyes before starting to roll off without bakugo " HAY YOU LITTLE SHIT " bakugo yelled going after him. izuku while trying to when ended up tilting in his chair and falling out of it, crashing into one of the walls. Bakugo rolls over to him and tries to pick to boy up before being shoved away.

" I-I can do it myself," Izuku says, crawling over to the wheelchair and pushing up so he could try to get back up, it was really sad to watch. He looked so determined, but bakugo picked the boy up, putting him back in his chair. " I didn't need the help I'm not useless," izuku says, looking down.

" I know, but you looked like you were a puppy that just got kicked," bakugo says, making izuku laugh a but it wasn't the happy laugh it was kind of depressing. So bakugo pushed izuku back to his room in silence, eventually leaving promising to come back the next day.

________

Trying to walk probably wasn't the best idea izuku has ever had, when he was alone Izuku decided he could walk he just had not tried hard enough yet so he got out of bed and pushed himself onto his feet but ended up falling so he tried again and again till his legs were brushed and his hands red. His mother found him later curled up on the floor, crying. He was useless.

_______

" Midoria," Todoroki says, knocking on the door to the hospital room before walking in. izuku was watching his favorite AllMight clip on repeat hugging a teddy bear. " this is sad even for me," Todoroki says, opening up the curtains.

" oh, hay Todoroki," izuku says, not taking his eyes away from the video screen. Todoroki looked at him before picking the broken boy up bridal style and placing him in the wheelchair. izuku blushed " w-what, are you doing?" Izuku asks.

" were going on a walk depression doesn't suit you," Todoroki says, rolling Izuku outside the hospital and into the small garden the building had.

" Why are you here?" izuku asks, looking at the moving cars passing by, they all had places to be lives to be had.

" cant I visit a friend?" Todoroki asks, looking at the green-haired boy in front of him.

" I'm your friend?" izuku asks, Todoroki nods, causing the green-haired boy to smile, " were friends I made a friend wow," Izuku says the smile never leaving his face, " hay you won't leave me right?" izuku asks.

" no ill stay as long as you need me," Todoroki says.

" thanks..."

"..."