daniel - jack's better

today was the day that i hangout with daniel. me, him, and anna all ended up falling asleep on the couch last night. daniel and i both woke up around the same time and decided to get ready for our hangout day. i showered and got dressed. daniel was just waiting downstairs. he had showered the previous day and already changed. we were just waiting for anna to wake up to inform her we were leaving. minutes passed by and it felt like so long so we just decided to leave a note for her. daniel and i went to the arcade. the one place we always went as children. "i'm gonna beat you in air hockey." he said. "last time i checked...you sucked." we raced to the air hockey table and started playing against each other. i love that game and i get really aggressive when i want to win. the game seemed like it lasted forever. in the end i beat daniel (again) 36-3. "i was right. you suck dani." "ok how about a different game? but i choose it this time!" "ok but i get to pick the next one and whoever wins the last game wins $5 and gets bragging rights." "deal. now let's go to basketball." "i'm literally so short. i hate you." "love you too mil." we started playing basketball and daniel was obviously making every shot. "i need practice dani. i suck!" "it's probably because you're short." he said and laughed. i hit him. "OW!" he said. "you deserved that." i replied. long story short, the game ended and i lost big time. it was my turn to choose a game and i ran straight over to dance dance revolution. "you seem to forget that i'm in a band." he said. "and you seem to forget that your band has choreography that you learn for months. i'm a professional dancer who makes up my own choreography dani." i said while smiling. "touché." we played the game and danced our hearts out. it was really close but in the end i won. "i'll take that $5 now daniel." he handed me $5. we left the arcade and were walking home when he said the weirdest thing to me. "i think you would be good with jack." "what?" "like you and jack dating. i think it would be cute. just a thought." "oh..i'm uh not interested in anyone right now." "i was just saying because you're both short and good at dancing and he could help you learn basketball." "haha i would definitely have him as a basketball tutor." "really? i'll text him right now?" shit. that is not what i wanted. "uhm no dani. you don't have to do that. i can just text za-" i cut myself off. "zach? why would you want zach to teach you? do you guys like have a thing or something?" he asked. "no no um how about you text jack and give him my number and i'll text him." "ok good. jack's better than zach anyways." i just keep silent. a little time passed by and we got home. jack had texted me and we set up a time today to hang out and for some reason the time was 10 minutes from now. "well i loved being back but i gotta go now." i said. "oh i know where you're going." anna said with a tone that made it seem secretive but obvious. "where are you going?" daniel asked. "dani i'm going to jack's. we literally just made last minute plans." "oh yeah! i hope he can teach you to get better at basketball." "literally shut up. i'm going now bye." i left and got to jacks. i knocked on the door and he answered right away. "hey emily. come in." "thanks." i walked in and we sat on the couch. he got me something to drink and got some food. "um daniel wanted me to make this a date but i thought it would be weird especially since you didn't ask" "oh my god. i'm sorry about him he just is...i don't even know but i'm so sorry." "no it's fine. don't worry." we were watching tv and one thing lead to another somehow we were close to each other. like inches apart. "I'M TALKING TO ZACH!" i yelled but apparently it was in my head because i felt our lips touch. we were kissing. and i didn't stop it. we finally stopped the kiss and he pulled away. "oh um. that was uh something." he said. "oh my god. shit shit shit." i said. "are you ok?" "no no no." "am i really that bad? i'm sorry.." "no it's not you jack i just- i-" "you??" "i'm talking to zach and i just KISSED you. and i know it wasn't planned i just- oh god." "holy shit. YOU'RE the girl zach always talks about? i thought he was just talking about some random girl. he never said your name! oh god he's gonna kill me!" "ok. if you don't say anything then i won't say anything. deal?" "deal." "now let's never speak of this again." "trust me, i won't." "ok good. it's all fine now. we'll just pretend it didn't happen." "yeah. oh and zach's gonna be here soon so if you don't wanna run into him i'd probably leave." "oh yes i need to leave before he gets here." just as i said that we heard a knock on the door. "hey it's zach. can you let me in?" "shit!" i whispered. "i didn't know he was gonna be back this early!" "jack what do i do?"