surprise karaoke??

time passed by and i finished eating breakfast. i still had a while before zach would be home so i just hung out with jack for a while. we were just talking about random things then he asked something that got my attention. "hey e?" "yeah?" "do you wanna do a cover with me? like a cover of a song?" "you're kidding.. you mean jack avery, one of the most talented singers, wants to sing with me? emily seavey?" "yes em. i would love to sing with you. you're so talented. and i really wanna sing with you." "um wow ok what do you wanna sing?" "you know who prettymuch is?" "I LOVE PRETTYMUCH!" "great. you know the song phases?" "THATS MY FAVORITE SONG!" "ok then let's sing that. i'm also gonna record it and post it to insta. you're cool with that right?" "yeah of course." he got the camera set up and we started singing. well, i started singing brandon's part. "i know you're tryna do you but i heard you fell off, after a couple bad nights, and 20 cold hearts. tryna find a new you but i heard you got lost, tryna figure your worth, what the hell does that cost?" jack started singing the pre-chorus. "when i'm kissing ya, gripping ya thigh, i realized you were destined and meant to be mine but who am i to conflict with you living your life, just know when you call i'm at the end of the line." then we both started singing the chorus. "i'll practice my patience while you're getting wasted, til fate brings you home i'll wait through your phases, you'll shuffle through phases like songs in your playlist, til fate brings you home i'll wait through your phases oh." we ended the video there and he posted it. i also decided to post it. (A/N: i couldn't find ANY video of a boy and a girl singing phases sO i decided that i would just post a pic of jack w/ a girl (fan) and pretend like it's the thumbnail of the video. PLS BARE W ME ON THIS LMAO!)

 PLS BARE W ME ON THIS LMAO!)

"is zach ok? that comment didn't seem the most uh friendliest i guess??" i said

"is zach ok? that comment didn't seem the most uh friendliest i guess??" i said. "i'm sure he's fine. he might be jealous i guess." jack replied. "jealous??" "just don't think about it too much." "yeah ok. i should probably get ready for my date with him. i'll see you later and thank you for this weekend." "no problem. see you later em." *TIME SKIP*
i got ready for my date. i throw on some striped pants and a white crop top.

i drive down to the cafe and zach was already there

i drive down to the cafe and zach was already there. "hi." i said while smiling. "oh didn't think you'd show up." he said. "of course i would show up. i wouldn't bail last minute." "that's cool." "zach, i'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess what i think you're upset about and if i'm wrong please don't be mad. anyways, i want to let you know that you don't have to worry about jack. we are just best friends. i like you and only you. i don't like him so there's no need to be jealous." "well..that made me feel a little better. sorry about getting all sad i guess." "it's fine. it's cute." i smiled at him. "your smile is my favorite." he said. i blushed. we were talking for a little and catching up then the owner of the cafe came out. "WHO'S READY FOR SOME SURPRISE KARAOKE??" he yelled. "what is that?" i asked zach. he shook his head. he had no clue. "FOR Y'ALL THAT ARE NEW HERE, SURPRISE KARAOKE IS WHERE WE DO A SPOTLIGHT AND IT LANDS ON SOMEONE. WHOEVER IT LANDS ON COMES UP HERE AND SINGS A SONG! YOU CAN BRING A PARTNER UP TOO! LET'S GET STARTED!" the spotlight started and my worst nightmare came true. the spotlight landed on me and zach. "AYE WE GOT OUR FIRST PERFORMERS!! WE'RE GONNA GIVE YOU A FEW MINUTES TO GET EVERYTHING READY!" he stopped talking. "holy shit." i had the worst expression on my face. "you ok?" zach asked. "no. oh my god no. zach..i cant sing in front of these people." "what do you mean?" "i'm scared to sing in front of people. the only people i've sung in front of is you and jack. and singing in front of jack was an accident." "what about those fans at the diner?" "they were different! they were fans. these are random people i don't know..what if they hate me. oh god.." "emily. calm down. you're gonna be ok. i'm sure they'll think you're great. i'll go up there and sing with you. you're gonna be fine. i promise. i'm gonna be by your side the whole time." "ok um what song do you wanna sing?" "dancing with a stranger. it's the first song that you sang to me." we both went up on to the stage and started singing. "look what you made me do, i'm with somebody new, oh baby baby i'm dancing with a stranger." we soon finished singing. everyone was cheering and i felt a little better. zach and i decided to leave a little after that. we were walking home. "i had a lot of fun today zach. thank you." "it wasn't my idea but i had fun too." we got to my house. "i'll see you later?" "just text me. bye em." i smiled at him and went inside.