3. Lab Partners

Taehyung had come to learn that both he and Jungkook shared the same last class of the day when he walked into the room and saw the boy standing there talking to the teacher. He bit his bottom lip as he hesitantly walked past him. After that embarrassing incident at lunch, Taehyung didn't know what to say or how to act towards Jungkook just yet so he decided to try and sneak by unnoticed. 

"You're in this class too?" Jungkook spoke out after noticing the boy who was crouching a little with his face tucked in. It was obvious to him and everyone else that Taehyung was trying to avoid him.

"Shit..

He stopped in his tracks, cursed under his breath, and turned around to look at Jungkook with a smile. "Oh! I didn't see you there. I guess we both have the same last period, haha." He said. Jungkook was about to respond when their teacher had cut in. "Oh, you two know each other? Good. Taehyung, since your partner moved schools, Jungkook will be your new science partner." 

Taehyung had laughed in his head in self-deprecating amusement at his own bad luck and looked at Jungkook to see what kind of upset expression he had this time.

Yep. There it is.

Jungkook's face twisted and he made eye contact with Taehyung, who had raised a brow when their eyes met, then looked back at the teacher. "Is there anyone else I could be partners with, Mr. Ahn? Anyone at all?" Jungkook asked almost seemingly desperate. Taehyung rolled his eyes at him and placed his hands on his hips as he waited for the boy to finish. "Mr. Ahn, I'll gladly accept Jungkook as my science partner." The older said. "Everyone else has a partner already and I'd hate for poor Jungkook here to be all by himself." He said, with his shoulders shrugged and his hands out in opposite directions in fake pity.

"That's right. Please take your seats, then." Mr. Ahn dismissed the two and went back to organizing the lecture notes. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and smirked before turning around and walking towards a black counter in the middle row. Jungkook crooked his lip at the smirk and followed the boy to his seat. He sat down on the cold metal stool and rested his elbows on the countertop with a sigh. Seeing that little smirk across that boy's face irritated Jungkook. Oh, how he wanted to slap it right off of him but he held it in. He could hear the boy moving beside him, shuffling through his bag as he laid things out. Jungkook watched out of the corner of his eyes for a few seconds before closing his eyes again.

"Here," Taehyung spoke, breaking the silence between the two. Jungkook opened one eye and looked over at him, seeing his hand on a thin green project folder. 

"What?" He responded.

"This is the project my old partner and I were working on," Taehyung said then looked up at Jungkook to see a certain expression on his face that he seemed to always carry.

Before Jungkook could say anything, the brunette spoke "I know, I know. You don't care," Taehyung rolled his eyes. "But I do and this project is important towards my grade. Unfortunately for you, Mr. Jeon, it is both of our responsibility, so I would like it if you could take it seriously." He said. Jungkook looked at him with his mouth open then closed it. He just stared at Taehyung trying to come up with some witty response but he couldn't. "Fine. What's the project on?"

 What's the project on?"