4: Milestones and A Girl Bestfriend

Jungkook arrived early to school, walking among the crowd of students that were piling in. He kept his eyes down towards the ground while he listened to music that was blasting through his earbuds. He kept his hands in his pants pockets and when he finally looked up, he would notice glances at him and whispering among peers.

It was probably about him again.

He entered his homeroom and his eyes immediately landed on a certain student sitting in the back of the room on his phone. Jungkook sighed and rolled his neck, making his way over there. Taehyung was aimlessly scrolling through his phone, having no real objective when he saw someone approach. "Sorry, the seat's taken." The brunette said teasingly as he put a hand on the chair.

"Oh no. By who? Oh yeah, me." Jungkook responded to his joke and pulled the chair out from the older's grasp, immediately sitting down with his arms crossed. Taehyung just snickered at his own joke and was a bit amused that Jungkook seemed to have gone along with it.

He didn't know why Jungkook didn't like him and (as much as it shouldn't have) it bothered him. Well, it wasn't like he wasn't used to being disliked. When he was a freshman here, he made a few mistakes and pissed off the wrong people. Eventually, it became normal for students to make fun of or harass Taehyung since then.

But all he said was a simple hello to Jungkook and he couldn't possibly figure out why the ravenette was so irritated by it.

"Excuse me?"

A soft voice drew Taehyung back to reality and he took notice of a girl standing in front of them. She was around average height with long black hair that was pulled into a tight ponytail and light makeup adorned with red-stained lips. Her hands were placed behind her, firmly holding each other tightly and she had a carefree aura around her.

Jungkook looked at her with little interest.

"You're Jungkook, right?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah." He responded. "What is it?"

She held out a firm hand, "Nice to meet you, Jungkook! I'm Heo Jiwon! One of the class representatives. I wasn't able to greet you yesterday." She spoke with a melodious voice.

Taehyung knew Jiwon since they were both class representatives and also because they were close friends. She's nice and everyone thinks she is cute. Jungkook looked at her hand and then up at her. He also looked at Taehyung who looked at him before looking back at her again.

"Yeah.." He said quietly, shaking her hand only slightly before putting his hand back down.

"Hi, Taehyung~" She greeted the brunette with hands in the air and he gave a smile in return. "Mrs. Park asked me to help you with assisting Jungkook around the school." She said, sitting down in one of the empty seats in front of them.

"I don't need help," Jungkook said, repeating himself from yesterday. "Seriously."

Jiwon chuckled softly, "It's just Mrs. Park's excuse for you to make friends, Jungkook."

"She does it with all of the new students," Taehyung said, leaning on the desk with his hand tucked under his chin. "She doesn't like seeing anyone by themselves."