11. Cold Shoulder, Winter air

The next day, Taehyung had his head buried into his bag on the table in the library. His group of friends wanted to study but he is sure that it's because it is too cold to hang out on the rooftop anymore. He sat at the same table as Jimin, Jungkook, and Namjoon but it was obvious the air between them was awkward. Namjoon, unaware of what happened the previous night, felt uncomfortable but wasn't going to break the silence.

Suddenly, the empty seat next to Taehyung was pulled back and a body plopped down in it. "Hi, Taehyung oppa." A girl's voice spoke out playfully. Taehyung cringed and looked up to see who was talking to him. It was his female bestfriend, Jiwon. He gave a smile and sat up straight.

"Jiwon. I haven't seen you in awhile."

"Well you know I've been super busy." She whispered and then he saw another body sit down across from them.

It was Jung Hoseok.

Taehyung's mood seemed to have brightened. He always enjoyed it when Hoseok was around. "Hoseok!" He greeted. This caught the attention of a certain other person at the table who watched the two interact.

The redhead smiled with a certain smoothness "Hey there, winter bear." He said with a soft tone.

"I missed you, hyung. Why don't you hang out with us more?"

"As school president, I have a lot of work to do. We should hang out on the weekends." Hoseok suggested and Taehyung nodded quickly.

While Taehyung and Hoseok was having their conversation, Jungkook was having a hard time focusing on Jimin and his stories. His head perked up and he kept staring at Taehyung with a certain expression.

"Hey, Jimin. Who is that?" Jungkook mumbled, jutting his chin forward at Hoseok. Jimin looked over and smiled. "Oh, that's one of our friends, Jung Hoseok. He's in your science class. Have you not seen him?" Jimin asked. Jungkook squinted his eyes at Hoseok and then he remembered.

"Taehyung seems quite close with him." He said, tilting his head a slight bit.

Jimin noticed the change in attitude and slightly frowned at this but then put on a smile on his face again.

"They're close friends and have known each other for years." Jimin responded and noticed that Jungkook didn't take his eyes off of Taehyung for one minute. Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he turned even more towards Jungkook to get his attention. "Ah! It's actually a funny story, Jungkook. Did you know that Hoseok has had feelings for Taehyung since middle school? Oh, but Taehyung said we aren't allowed to talk about it for some reason. A big bummer. I think Taehyung likes him back but just too shy about it. We shouldn't bother them." Jimin mentioned to Jungkook into his ear and what he told him didn't sit well with the boy.

His tongue probed the inside of his cheek before looking down at the table with his arms crossed.

"Hey, don't fret but Jungkook is hardcore staring at you." Jiwon suddenly nudged and whispered into Taehyung's ear. The brunette looked over at the boy but Jungkook had quickly looked away.

"Nah. It's nothing, Jiwon."

"I think he likes you."

"Don't mess around, Jiwon. He obviously likes Jimin. I even walked in on them kissing last night." Taehyung said, shutting her down.

"Kissing? Those two?" Jiwon went quiet as she observed the couple at the end of the table. "No way." Jiwon mumbled to herself. From her point of view, their chemistry was really awkward and forced. Maybe Jimin didn't notice the way Jungkook was leaning away from Jimin and maybe Jungkook didn't notice her staring at him but she would catch him looking up and over at Taehyung every now and then.