10. Drunken Karaoke

A month had passed since then and for 30 days straight, it seemed that Jimin would only talk about Jungkook with Taehyung. Every time, the boy just tuned Jimin out and thought back on the moment he made a crucial mistake during a conversation with his best friend.

"Remember what I said last night? About Jungkook?" Jimin asked the morning after the phone call confession. Taehyung paused his movements. Remember? How could I forget? He thought to himself. A few seconds later, Taehyung nodded. Jimin gave a soft giggle and his cheeks reddened slightly.

"Could you be my wingman?"

"Your.... What?"

"My wingman! Help me out with Jungkook! I really want to date him and I think he likes me back but I am not sure." Jimin said with much enthusiasm. Taehyung felt like his stomach dropped.

"You basically want me to talk you up to him?"

Jimin nodded with a smile. "Yes please!"

"I don't understand how you like that jerk," Taehyung commented, crossing his arms and looking away. "Aww, don't worry. I won't abandon my best friend! No need to be so upset." Jimin tried to make light of the moment, pulling at Taehyung's cheeks. Feeling annoyed by his persistence, he brushed Jimin off.

"Fine! Fine. I'll be your wingman. Stop now."

Jimin smiled in satisfaction and let the subject go.

Taehyung swore since then Jimin was given the curse of being a broken record, saying the same stuff in different ways over and over again.

"Jungkook and I went to eat after school."

"Oh my god, Jungkook looks so good today!"

"You have to admit his smile is the cutest thing ever."

"I mean it, Kim Taehyung. I think I want to have the boy's babies."

"Did you see how kookie looked at me today?! Damn, he's driving me crazy."

It was driving Taehyung crazy. How was he supposed to try and forget about Jungkook when Jimin wouldn't let him?!

"Did you talk to Jungkook about me?"

He just wouldn't stop!

No, Jimin. No, I did not talk to him about you. I did not tell him all the stuff you wanted me to tell him. I don't want to tell him how great you are and how much better you are than me. You don't know much it hurts me to hear you talk about him all the time. Stop!

....Is what Taehyung wanted to say at the time but he kept his mouth shut. He would just say yes, I told him. I can't remember. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to him. I'll record it next time.

Feeling frustrated by everything, Taehyung ended up having a small meltdown before going to bed and had to turn off his phone to avoid reality for the rest of the night. When he showed up to school the next day with swollen eyes covered badly with concealer, he had drawn looks from his classmates when he had walked into his first class that morning. The boy saw Jungkook sitting at his desk already so he took a deep breath in and out before walking over to his desk.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung then back down at his phone before looking back up again. "Woah, why are your eyes like that?" He asked, showing a sudden amount of concern. Taehyung didn't expect Jungkook to care about such a small thing so it threw him off guard for a second before speaking.