Chapter 8: Childhood friend

Me and Eunwoo have been dating for 4 months. He would always gives me a bouquet of roses, would sing for me, and even performed and calling me out in the crowd. My relationship with him was fine, I loved it, I hope it never ends, but then in thought in those 4 months, he's been so active when we talk about Youngjo. I would tell stories about me and Youngjo but instead of getting jealous, he wanted to know more about Youngjo. He even asked for his number but I said no because maybe he'll go gay which he really looks like one...

Today, I'm going to a cafe to meet up with Eunwoo because he wanted to talk about something important. I called Youngjo to take me there and he said yes. "Maybe he's going to confess" Youngjo said, "confess what? He's gay?" I said, "I dunno that wasn't on my mind" he said. After the ride, I got out of the car and quickly went inside the cafe. When I saw Eunwoo I ran and gave him a kiss, he smiled but slowly looked serious. "Oh jagi, you look very serious today" I said and laughed, "let's order?" Eunwoo said and he ordered Milk tea with boba while I ordered iced coffee. "About our relationship" Eunwoo suddenly said that made me stop from drinking my coffee, "what about it?" I asked, "I just can't hide my feelings anymore" Eunwoo said, "What just say it" I said and held his hand, but he removed it and looked at me straight in the eye, "Jaeni, I don't love you" he said, "what?" I said, "I've been attracted to Youngjo ever since I saw him here. I fell in love with him and not with you. I only dated you to know him more. We always text and I confessed my love-" "but you got rejected?" I said quickly, "yes but my feelings for him will not change because I love him more than I love you...I'm so sorry, let's break up" Eunwoo said and stood up and left the cafe, leaving me all alone inside. Tears started to fall down my eyes but I said to myself that I already know he was gay but I didn't know that it will hit me this hard. I went out of the cafe and look for a close supermarket, when I found one, I picked every beer placed in the shelf.

Jaeni:
Youngjo-ah

Youngjo🥰:
Yes?

Jaeni:
Can you come here?
I'm already in my apartment

Youngjo🥰:
Oh really? 🤨 k comin'

YOUNGJO POV

When I'm in front of Jaeni's apartment, I remembered she gave me a spare key so when I opened the door, I could hear someone crying. When I came to the living room, I saw Jaeni crying. "Young-jo-aaaaah-hahaaaaa" Jaeni said and hugged me while crying. "Wae wae wae?" I asked, "he broke up with me!" Jaeni said and cried even harder, "how tell me" I said and sat down next to her. "He confessed that he likes you and he used me to get informations about you..." Jaeni said and drank the remaining beer in the bottle. "He's been texting me, actually he just called me but I didn't answered it" I said while grabbing a chip. "I thought he was already the one for me" Jaeni said and opened another bottle, "Maybe God's testing you. I promised the next man that will come into your life will be your last" I said to cheer her up, "you sure about that?" Jaeni said, sounding like a baby, "yeah!" I said and hugged Jaeni, which made her cry even more

JAENI POV

After drinking all of the beer with Youngjo, he suddenly fell asleep on my couch. I know he must be tired from practice and by coming here at home to cheer me up so I placed a blanket on him so that he won't get cold. While cleaning I went out to put the garbage in the bin when someone accidentally bumped me. "Oh sorry I- Jaeni?" The guy said, "it's okay- Mingyu?" I said and out of excitement I hugged him. "Since when you were here in Korea?" I asked, "I moved back since yesterday. I can't believe I saw my best friend again after so many years!" Mingyu said and hugged me tighter. I then invited him where he saw a just woke up Youngjo, "oh annyeonghaseyo" Mingyu said to Youngjo, "oh hi...you're?" Youngjo asked, "Mingyu, Kim Mingyu, Jaeni's childhood friend." Mingyu said and shakes hands with Youngjo, "well let's see each other sometimes" Mingyu told me, "yeah we should!" I said and Mingyu looked at the time, "well it was nice meeting you Youngjo, I got to go I have a business meeting today" Mingyu said and left the house. "He's a businessman?" Youngjo asked, "I don't even know" I said and looked at him. "You still tired?" I asked, "not anymore, I had a good nap on your big comfy couch" Youngjo said and hugged me, "pssh, what a baby" I said and laughed.