The Surprise

Corellia

Sara Bridger, 21, – blue eyes and hair just like her father – was escavenging in Corellia for spare parts for the Resistance ships in the long-abandoned Empire factories; she had managed to collect a lot of important and expensive parts before her presence had been noticed there. But once it had, the First Order sent a great number of stormtroopers to the planet to find her. They'd even sent their masked dark-Force user, Kylo Ren, who simply walked around one of the factories, as if taking a stroll in the park, and seemed to be ready to board his Upsilon ship already, leaving Corellia without fighting her. Again. Sara was getting tired of that; every battle she went ready to engage him but he always left before that could happen. Not today. She thought. Running towards his ship to intercept him before he could reach its door.

"Looking for someone?" She asked, lightsaber twirling in her hand as she faced him.

"Bridger." he said her name like a curse, stopping with his hands clenched on his sides, seeming to be considering whether to attack her or not; so she attacked him first and he quickly ignited his red crossguard lightsaber to protect himself from her blows. Their weapons clashed furiously, but never reaching the target, for they were equally skilled and powerful. However Sara was determined to defeat him, he was the First Order's Second-in-Command – a position he shared with the ginger Armitage Hux. If she killed Ren – or better yet: imprisoned him – it would be an exceptional victory for the Resistance. But he was good, wielding his lightsaber dexterously, making it really hard for her to land a blow on him.

They fought for long minutes, and Sara began to notice he actually avoided fatally injuring her, worrying more about defending himself from her blows than about incapacitating her.

She frowned at him as they circled each other. "What's the matter with you?" she asked. "I can tell you're holding back. I've seen you fight before, you're better than this."

"If you're not smart or fast enough to penetrate my defenses, don't blame me for your shortcomings." He replied, his voice muffled and mechanized by the helmet.

Those words fed her anger, Sara hated being teased and undermined, so she attacked him with determination, using the Force to send a gush of wind to hit his legs, taking him by surprise, and bringing him down onto his knees. She ran to him, before he had the chance to stand up, and hit his head with the hilt of her lightsaber, so hard he fell onto the ground unconscious despite the protection of the helmet.

She got his lightsaber from the ground and lifted him by means of the Force, making him float in front of her towards her ship. A group of stormtroopers tried to intercept her but she was feeling too victorious to give them a second of her time – she had Kylo Ren in her hands, she didn't care about killing some troopers. So with a move of her hand, she threw them all up into the air, making them hit the ground ten meters away, hard. She reached her ship – a YT-2400 light freighter known as the Mirrorbright – closed the door, and cuffed the still unconscious man to a pipe in the corridor between the door and the cockpit. Next she went to the cockpit, setting course to Lothal. Once she had jumped into hyperspace, she relaxed on her seat, enjoying the silence of her ship, feeling really proud of her day's achievements: she had collected the parts they needed and imprisoned the mighty Kylo Ren! That was two victories! Three, if you took into account she hadn't gotten hurt in the process. She closed her eyes, getting ready to take a nap in the pilot's seat – feeling too comfortable to get up and walk to her room; but a few minutes into the hyperspace jump she heard her name being called: "Bridger!"

"What the hell?" she opened her eyes, shocked to hear that voice calling her name, for she knew the owner of that voice.

She walked out of the cockpit and in the direction of the sound: "Hey, Bridger. It's me! Come on!" she heard again, plus the rattling of the metal cuffs.