fifteen.

- excuse my mistakes, love.

Teanna Reid | Suga

Alief, Texas
Thursday | 2:58 PM

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Granny Lou, why you got the aunties in here that can't cook?" As I walking the kitchen, I spotted my grandma putting the finishing touches on her ham

She sucked her teeth and looked at me with her hand on her hip. "Same reason yuh lil' boy ass in meh kitchen."

"Man whatever Granny." I waved her off.

"When yuh come?" She asked.

"Like 2 seconds ago. Mom still in the car with Sy-"

"GRANNYYYYY!" Symere walked in the kitchen, and ran to hug her.

I don't know how he's the favorite grandchild on both sides.

Wait till she see D'Lani's pregnant ass walk in.

I walked out the kitchen and into the living room where all my daddy's family sat and chopped it. My mom's were still in Trinidad.

"Ay, Ay, look who here!" I smiled at all my uncles and aunts, and went around giving them a hug.

My aunts downed me with questions until Granny called us to get our plates and sit at the table. Just at that moment my mom walked in and gathered her food.

"Who made this macaroni?" Symere asked pulling the chair next to me out.

"Meh baby." Aunt Mary spoke up.

"I can tell..." Symere mumbled under his breath.

Once everybody got seated we all held hands, bowed our heads, and prayed.

"Amen." We all said.

"I feel like starting some bullshit." My cousin, Denise, said shifting in her seat. "Who the hell told you this green bean casserole was acceptable Granny?"

"Bitch, don't try to come for my granny when your mom can't even boil eggs." Symere mugged poking at the egg salad. "Runny ass eggs."

"Wey' mon, you coming fa' me, when ya' mother don't even cook at home!" Aunt Jennifer yelled.

"Yuh on your 3rd divorce, hush up, hoss." Mom said laying her napkin in her lap.