Chapter 1

I was sitting in that hospital room watching, waiting, and praying. I needed him. He couldn't be dead or dying. This couldn't be happening. I can only live with him nothing else is worth living for. What happened to "Happily Ever After he promised me when he told me he loved me? What happens to us? The band? Me?

A Few Years Earlier

It was the last day of school and beginning of summer. I was at my locker and grabbed the last notebook labeled "boredom". I laughed at myself and looked through it to see the drawing my friends and I did during those boring days (everyday) in class. I stuffed it in my bag and shut my locker. I walked out the main door and slid into the front seat with my mum in the other seat and lots of bags piled in the back seat. We said hi and she drove me to the train station. We were coming closer and closer to London. With every few minutes that grew closer to her dropping me off boarding the train to London. She touched my knee.

"You're nervous." She said letting go of my knee.

"No." I said looking at her.

"Your knee was shaking. You don't have to do this."

"Mum, I want to. We haven't seen each other in what three years?"

"Grace, you're staying in a house with five boys who are in a band."

"They have girlfriends but one or two of them."

"You know I trust you but things happen."

"Mum, I'll be fine." We slowed around the corner to the station." She didn't care about boys and me at school why now? She parked and helped me as far as she good go. I didn't expect her to hug me but she did and she told me she loved me. I boarded the train London bound and sat down. It wasn't too long of a ride. We arrived at the main station where I was to meet my best friend of my whole life so 17 or so years. I grabbed my bags and walked off the train and followed the signs to "pick-up". I looked around to find him looking for me. He looked right passed me! I ran up.

"Hi Louis!" I said excitedly.

"Uh hi you want an autograph- wait Gracie, is that you?" I laughed and dropped my things and he opened his arms to me and I ran in to them. He wrapped his arms around me and it felt the way it did when we were little.

"I missed you." I said into his neck.

"You don't know how much I missed you. You're my best friend." He let go. "God look at you!"

"Oh Lou don't do this." I hated when people talked about me like this. I don't know why but I hate it.

"But you look amazing and not kiddy-ish any more. You look good and beautiful but not that I like you."

"Lou I know what you mean and thank you."

"I didn't recognize you!"

"Boo. You don't realize how much I have gotten that."

"You just don't like the attention." I shrugged.

"Come on let's get out of here. I don't want to be in the middle of a mob seen." he laughed and helped with my bags. We got into the car and drove to the monstrous house. We parked in the driveway, grabbed my things and went in.

"I think I'm gonna get lost." I said looking in towards the stairs to my right and more rooms to my left.

"You wanna see your room?" I looked at him and ran up the stairs. I heard him laughing but following me. I came across 12 shut doors, like I said this place is huge! I moaned. Each door was decorated with pictures or a joke. Niall's was first on the right with a clover. Zayn across from him with ZAP written like his arm tattoo. I walked further to the next two doors. Louis was behind me.