Chapter 12

I woke up with my head on something hard and cold. My head was pounding, that’s when I noticed another body on the floor next to me and then some on the couch.

“What happened?” I groaned trying to recall the night before. Eleanor came in cheerfully.

“It’s called a hangover love.” She said patting my shoulder causing me to flinch. Soon more people were stirring. The wedding was tomorrow night. Louis came down the stairs.

“Oh good you’re up!” he said coming over and picking me up.

“God what are you doing?” I asked unstable on my feet and he ignored me and pulled me into the kitchen. He pulled out a chair and used both his hands on my shoulders to make me sit. I groaned and buried my head between my hands and the wooden kitchen table.

“Be right back. Don’t move a muscle.” I waited until I heard him back in and someone else sat down. I looked up to see Harry avoiding my eyes. I remember our fight outside but honestly after then I have no idea what happened. Louis cleared his throat.

“the wedding is tomorrow night, neither one if you will like this but you’re going as the happy lovey dovey couple your known to be.” And with that I pushed both my arms on the table and stood up.

“WHAT?” I screamed. “Oh no. not gonna happen.” I said crossing my arms. Louis glared at me and I returned the glare.

“yes, you have to unless you want the paparazzi all over both of you until you work this out, whether that is you break up or get back together. Just look good tomorrow night. Don’t cause any attention. Work out things at a later time. Just tomorrow night, from the moment we leave the limo to the moment we are back in this house, you are to be that couple the fans and the paparazzi know. Am I clear?” I nodded. Louis nudged Harry’s shoulder as he nodded giving a look that could kill.

Beside this little morning confrontation, I stayed in my room avoiding him. I did some cleaning and sorting things in my room and mentally sorting too. My brain was all over the place. I climbed up the latter and laid down staring at the ceiling. It was a picture of Louis and I making a pinky promise. I closed my eyes and texted him.

Messages

Gracie: hey can you come up to my room?

Louis: of course.

G: hurry please

Louis was at my door. He knocked and came in. I told him to climb up the latter and he did no questions asked. He wrapped me in his arms, a totally normal thing we did.

“I’ve been a horrible friend.”

“What no!” he said pulling me closer.

“I’ve been too involved in that relationship. I’m sorry.” and I was crying.

“Gracie its okay, you didn’t hurt me. I understand completely. You aren’t a horrible friend. We’re always there for each. Best friends forever. See that picture?” I nodded.

“That’s the day that I took an oath to be there for you forever and ever. Through everything.”

“Stop your making me upset.”

“Gracie, I love you like you’re my sister and best friend. If you only could see how badly my heart is breaking for you. You don’t deserve the crap he pulled on you.” I nodded.

The Next Night

The limo pulled up to the church and I groaned mentally knowing within seconds, harry would be holding my hand and fake smiled plastered on both of our faces looking like the in love couple we were known to be but it’s not the truth. I watched the couples get out ahead of us and then we were up. Harry went out first and leaned back in to help me with my elegant black one shoulder dress. I smiled and kissed his cheek.