Chapter 7

We have been in the room for over three hours. None of us wanted to leave, nothing had to be said why we didn’t. If he died and we weren’t here for his last few moments- never mind. I can’t think of that right now. I was sitting on the window ledge next to Harry’s metal bed. I hopped down quietly.

“I’m gonna go to a walk. I need to clear my head for a few minutes. I’ll be walking the halls. Come get if anything happens.” I said looking over Harry’s body. I walked up to the head of the bed. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“I love you.” I whispered into his ear. I walked out and into the quiet hallway. I tried my best being strong for the boys and Eleanor the last few hours and kept back the tears for the most part. As I turned the corner, I stopped and looked down the hall. It was a father with his daughter sitting in a chair outside a room.

“Listen Mummy is still feeling a bit tired and the baby is sleeping. We have to be quiet okay Lily?”

“Can I hold my new sister daddy?” a smiled formed across my face.

“Maybe when mummy and the baby are awake. Okay?” she nodded her curly hair and he pulled her into his lap.

“I love you daddy.” She said kissing his cheek.

“I love you too.” I had to walk away. I couldn’t watch anymore. The possibility of me and harry not being able to have memories like that together hurt me. We always talked about starting a family one day together. This made my body go weak and I put my back up against the wall and slid down it keeping my knees to my chest and burying my head. I was sobbing when someone sat down next to me. I looked up to see one of the nurses. She was young maybe a year or two older than me.

“You’re the group in room 232 right?” I nodded. “You okay?” I shrugged and shook my head no.

“He was my boyfriend and we had a fight the day before the accident and I called off the relationship. I never got to tell him I love him.” I said crying harder. “I just feel like I can’t cry in front of our friends. I feel like I need to be strong for them.” I said as she nodded.

“It’s okay to cry. Just be positive okay?” I nodded and she helped me up.

“Thank you.” I said as she hugged me.

“You’re welcome.” I walked for a few minutes longer and noticed it was going on 11 o’clock. I walked back into the room. Niall and Zayn were sharing a blanket on a tiny couch in the corner. Eleanor and Louis were in a chair snuggled up to each other and Liam claimed the other chair. I noticed a blanket and pillow on the window ceil. I pulled up the blanket and laid down.

“Night Haz.” I said closing my eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep.

I was last to wake up. I noticed the bed was gone and harry wasn’t here. I jumped off and panicked.

“Where is he? What happened?” I started crying when a wave of dizziness hit me and the whole room went tilted.

“Whoa Gracie.” Liam said coming over to help me stabilize myself. I was clutching the window ledge. I let go and the dizziness was gone.

“What happened to harry?”

“He’s fine. They took him for x-rays. I think you should sit down.” Niall said.

“I’m fine. I think I’m in need of some fresh air. Eleanor you want to come with me?” she nodded as we started walking. We went into the little garden in the courtyard of the hospital. I felt nauseous. I looked for a trash can and ran to it. Eleanor ran over to me.

“Gracie sits down.” She said as we walked to a bench.

“What’s wrong with me?”I asked. She shrugged.

“Dizziness, puking, hmmm?” she said thinking.

“Only when I get up.” I said making my point.

“Are you late?”

“What?”

“Your period?” I thought for a minute.

“Oh my god. El.” I said crying as she pulled me into her arms.

“Don’t over think it. Let’s go to the gift shop and take care of this.” I nodded as my body was shaking. We walked there and bought the test. I’m 19. I’m not ready for this. og my god. We went into a bathroom and Eleanor locked the door. I took it and we waited patiently. Eleanor kept telling me it will be fine. My phone alarm when off and I looked at the stick and then back at the box figuring out what sign meant what.