5

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
Year 2019
|Yeona
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

3 weeks after

I sighed as I watched the people in my class getting partnered up. I barely knew everyone and Donghyuck has someone named Renjun as his partner. I sat on the bench as I gave up looking for a partner.

"Ms. Yu? Why aren't you having a partner?" The gym coach looked at me. "People had their partners predetermined." I replied which made everyone look at me. Just then, the doors opened suddenly.

"I am sorry for being late—"

"Jaemin go partner up with Yeona so we can start the exercise." The coach pointed his clipboard at me. Hold up, no fucking way! Jaemin seemed to mask his emotion as he went to me. I stood up, angrily.

"Huddle up!" The coach called us in the center of the gym. "Alright, if you hate me that much.. at least cooperate for the grade." He whispers behind me. "Whatever." I spat. The coach gave the instructions about basic stretches and other exercises. There was also a warm up session before we started. We went somewhere at the left corner of the gym.

We agreed on having curl ups first. He quickly laid down and folded his knees as I held his legs, the area near his ankles. He started moving upward towards me with his both palms behind his head. I avoided eye contact that would be awkward.

By the time I raised my head, our eyes met.

"I'll melt." A sly smirk lingered between his lips which made me grimaced. "As if." I murmured.

"Did you miss my pretty face, at least?" Here he goes with his weird self questions. I wasn't in the mood hearing him. "Your existence isn't relevant so don't try to ask me that." Those words cut sharp from my mouth. He went silent after what I said.

"Why did I get so much hate from the girl loved?"

I shot a glare at him. "I'm out." I pushed him over and stood up. "Go find someone else, I'm sick of your face." I stormed out of the gym, I was so done with him today.

The rooftop seemed like to be the only place that I can have peace. I quickly sat under the shade that the walls made. I looked at my hands that touched him. Disgusting.

After staying there for 15 minutes, I finally cooled down and made my way downstairs. I found Donghyuck walking around the hallways. "There you are!" He spotted me getting down the stairs. "What do you want?" I gave him a stank eye. "I was worried about you! I am still familiar with your anger issues so don't try disappear out of our sight!" He nagged like he was my mother.

"Don't worry mother Donghyuck, I feel better now. Just don't let me see Jaemin now or he'll die." I grunted.

"What provoked the situation that made you leave in the first place?" He wanted to know what did really happened. I sighed, I couldn't lie to Donghyuck even though I would. He is still my friend after all.

"Jaemin brought our past and it just spurred my anger about it." I told him honestly. Donghyuck looked surprised and was about to laugh.

"If you're provoked, you probably still love him." Donghyuck replied, smiling. "No, we were over long time ago. Me and him together again? no." I tried explaining to him that our relationship won't work for the second time. A lot has happened before and I don't want it again to repeat.

"If you don't to get together again, just be friends at least? He just saw you now after 3 years." Donghyuck being the mediator between him and me, wanted us to consider the situation.

"You're lucky that I would follow your concerns." I sighed which made him smile.

"Donghyuck?" A female came behind me.

"Shina—This is Yeona, my friend from middle school." He immediately introduced me to the girl. She looked at me with a grin. "Hey." I replied to her.

"I didn't know you had a friend from middle school, Donghyuck." She sounded suspicious.

"I kind of forgot that detail since it's been so long since I saw Jaemin's ex—" He immediately covered his mouth after revealing an embarrassing truth. Shina's widened as she glanced at me back. "You're the girl that Jaemin has been talking about before?" Her eyes are now filled with curiosity.

You better be ready for your death wish.

"I'm not sure." I replied. "He might be dating someone else after me.."

"He did mentioned middle school. I assumed it's you!" Shina was getting under my skin but I should consider she might be unaware of the real story. I can't lash out on someone I met for the first time.

"We couldn't be sure.." I sheepishly smiled.

I was uncomfortable remembering everything that happened. As I looked around, I met a pair of eyes that I despised. He began moving towards us and unexpectedly said something.

"I'm sorry Yeona. I didn't know it stings for a little tease." I wasn't sure if Jaemin was serious in apologizing. I kept an aloof expression and nodded. I wanted things done and through. "Are you sure?" He had the audacity to hold my arm.

"Yeah, whatever." I shrugged his hand from my arm.

His expression changed but it wasn't something negative. "Yah! You should be careful of your words next time!" Donghyuck pushed Jaemin's shoulder. "It's fine, Haechan." I told him. There's no reason to scold him.

"Anyway, I'm off." I casually waved at them as I left.

Well, he did change a lot.