𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂HAPTER 𝐕𝐥𝐥𝐥

_____

_____

"Sam? Dean?"
I push the heavy door open a few inches farther and slip through, glancing around the old abandoned warehouse in search of the missing hunters. Twirling my machete anxiously at my side, I creep across the room to a smaller hallway on the opposite side.
"Sam? Sam are you in here?" I whisper, hearing quiet, muffled talking ahead of me.
"Claire- whoa!"
I'm cut off as Dean pops out of a room just in front of me. He frowns at me for a second, then seems to soften as he realizes who I am.

"What are you doing here?" He mutters gruffly, stepping further into the hall.
"Shit, Dean. What the hell, man?" I growl, my heart beating quickly from the scare.
"You aren't supposed to be here."
You weren't answering your phone. Charlie and I called like ten times."
"I was busy."
"Too busy to text me back?"
"Uh-"
I scoff, cutting him off. "Doesn't matter. Where's Sam? And Claire?"

He frowns, shifting uncomfortably. I frown, squinting at his very un-Dean like demeanor, and scan over him. His eyes are their normal green, his hair the same as always. His scowl is deeper than usual, but that could have been caused by many things. I furrow my brows for a second, but move past it quickly, looking for anything else that might be out of the ordinary, my gaze catching on his wrist as he raises it to check the time on his watch. A watch that one Dean Winchester does not own.

I quickly pull my gaze back to his face as he looks up at me, and swallow hard before allowing myself to slip into character.
"They're taking care of the shifters." He mumbles, his stare unusually analytical and cold.
"Shifters? What? There are shapeshifters too?"
Of course I knew about the shifters. Charlie and I did our research before coming in. But I know that whoever this guy is- probably the shifter he is talking about- he looks quite a bit stronger than me. And he knows where the Winchesters are. If I want to get myself and the other three out of here, I've got to play along until I know what's going on.

Fake Dean looks confused but nods slowly. "Yeah. Three of them."
I scoff and shake my head. "Shit, man. How did we miss that? We figured the witch out, but completely missed the damn shifters."
"The which?"
I ignore his question and push past him down the hall.
"Well, let's go take care of them then." I declare.
"Wait, no-"

I ignore his protests and walk into the room he had come from. Sam and Claire whip around to stare at me and I freeze as I meet their eyes quickly, but I catch movement behind them and look past them to their hostages. A second Sam, Dean, and Claire sit chained to chairs in front of me, duct tape covering their mouths and wrapped around their ankles and wrists. Chains cross their chests and thighs, and they have small cuts and bruises on their faces. My eyes widen a fraction and I swallow hard before forcing the twinge of panic away and bringing back the stoic mask I had been wearing. I laugh dryly, sweeping my gaze over the three people once more before turning back around and smiling widely.