𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐥
_____

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐥_____

_____

I lock my jaw, eyes focused on the ground as I listen for any signs of life. My fingers tingle with anticipation, and I wipe the sweat off of one of my hands before wrapping it back around the handle of my gun. I swallow thickly, giving myself one more second to try and detect noise, then duck around the corner, gun held out in front of me. The hallway is empty, thankfully. My right leg aches painfully but I grit my teeth and push on.

I creep down the hallway, dragging my injured leg behind me as quietly as I can. The plastic and metal brace pulls uncomfortably at my knee, and I hiss softly. Sweat dampens my skin and my breath comes out in quick, quiet bursts. I reach the next corner and press my back to the wall, tipping my head back and aiming my gun at the floor as I listen again. Quiet footsteps echo against the floor, and I use my power to tune further into the sounds. Someone's heart beats frantically and I can hear the soft rustling of pants as they walk closer.

I grip tightly to my gun and reach further into my magic, feeling my eyes flick black. Without hesitation, I turn the corner and pull the gun from my opponent's hands telekinetically, sending it flying across the room. I raise my weapon, leveling the barrel with their chest, and pull the trigger.

The foam bullet hits Dean square in the chest and he yelps in shock.
"Hey!" He groans. "No fair! You cheated!"
I grin, wiping sweat from my forehead and shrugging. "You ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'. You're out, loser."
Dean rolls his eyes, tossing his hands irritable in the air. "Where's the cemetery again?"
"Library. Say hi to Sammy when you get there for me, please."
I pick up Dean's nerf gun and empty it of its ammo. I refill my gun with his bullets, then turn back to look at him.

"You got Sammy too?"
"He was hiding in the basement trying to create a fort."
"So it's just you and Cas left then."
"You got Charlie and Claire?" I ask.
He nods. "Well Charlie got Claire, and I got Charlie."
"Guess I gotta go shoot your boyfriend then."
"He's gonna kick your ass." Dean snorts, shaking his head.
I scoff. "Yeah right. Just remember that I've beaten your ass twice now."
"You've cheated both times."
"You've cheated both times." I mock.
Dean rolls his eyes, still smiling as I begin to walk away.

"Hey, Lex. You sure you don't need a break? You've been on that leg a long time."
"Dean, I'm hurt, not a newborn," I remind him snarkily, continuing down the hallway.
"Then why are you limping?" He calls.
"Shut up! I'll sit when I win!"
I trudge away, gun raised haphazardly, stopping when I reach the stairs. I climb them slowly, teeth grit and breathing heavy as my leg screams in pain, and stop again to rest when I get to the top. I press my back to the wall, resting my hands on my thighs, and rub the skin above my brace on my injured leg.

Once the sharp pain has died down a little, I sneak towards the map table, peering into the library. Sam, Charlie, and Claire sit in the library, talking and laughing. Dean enters from the back, beers in hand, and hands one to the two older hunters before hesitantly giving one to Claire. He tells her something, and she rolls her eyes and glares at him, then laughs as she twists the top off the bottle and takes a sip.