𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈

"I'm fine, Charlie, I promise. Just a little sore. I overexerted myself a bit. I just need to sleep it off." I assure my best friend as I place a few pain-killer tablets in my mouth and gulp them down dry.

"You literally just killed a demon, Alex. By yourself. While injured." She exclaims, eyes wide and arms gesturing wildly. I roll my eyes.
"I think that you all forget that I was also once a demon and quite literally raised in Hell. I do know how to fight, despite what everyone thinks." I glare at her before gathering my crutches as propping them under me. I hobble out of the kitchen, Charlie stumbling behind. As I make my way to the front of the Bunker, I flinch at the bloodstain on the floor, but take a deep breath and step over it.

"You think Cas can magic that out?" I ask, glancing over my shoulder at my redheaded friend.
"Al, you need to sit the hell down," Charlie demands as we reach the library, catching up with me and grabbing my arm. She pulls out a chair with one hand and guides me into it with the other.
"Charlie-" I sigh.
"No, don't 'Charlie' me. You Winchesters all think you can pull those puppy eyes and use your charm to get me to believe whatever you say, and yeah, I'll admit most of the time it works, but not today. I'm calling the boys." Charlie states sternly, pulling out her phone.
I catch her hand and try to pry the device from her grip but she rips her hand from my grasp.
"Alex!" She shouts, glaring at me. I glare back at her. After a few moments, she shakes her head and looks down at her phone.

"Charlie, don't call the boys." I plead. "I mean, really, there's no reason to. I'm fine, you helped me get the blood off and change and everything, you got most of the blood out of the floor- the rest the boys can deal with when they get home- and Ahiah's body has been moved to the sex dungeon thing. So really, there's no point in calling them and pulling them away from their lead on Jack." Charlie sends me a weird look at my reference to the Bunker's dungeon, and after a few moments, she gives in and puts her phone in her pocket.
"You're lucky I love you." She groans.
I smile at her and hold my hand out for her to take. "That's the spirit. Now, Sherlock, Harry Potter, or Star Wars?"
Charlie rolls her eyes before taking my hand and smiling back. "I think I'm in a Star Wars mood today."
I laugh and squeeze her hand. "When are you not?"

_____

The sound of the Bunker door slamming pulls me from my sleep. I blink a few times and wince at the light from the television before sleepily pushing Charlie a few times to wake her up. She abruptly stops snoring and her head shoots up to look lazily at me.
"What? What is it?" She blinks groggily as she sits up and stretches.
"I think the boys are home. What time is it?"
She grabs her phone off of the table next to her and turns it on. We both wince at the light and I turn away and begin searching for the remote to turn off the TV. I lifted my legs off of Charlie's lap and find the remote under them.
"Two in the morning." She responds with a yawn.

I grab the remote and pause the movie. The title "Episode IV: A New Hope" shines on the screen.
"Damn, I slept through a whole movie," I state.
Charlie laughs. "I think I only got through the first half an hour before I passed out."
"Oh well, it was only our third time seeing that movie this week." I think back on our week-long Star Wars marathon where we attempted to watch all of the movies over and over again until the boys got home. We only made it three rounds before they showed up.

I pull myself into a sitting position and grab my crutches. I stand, Charlie right behind me, and walk out of the room. I can hear the boys stumbling around in the entrance to the Bunker and so I head that way.
"Boys, welcome home. Did you find Jack?" I call as I hobble towards them.
"No, the angels got to him first. And then we got into a small altercation with some witches while we were on our way out. We all escaped relatively unscathed though." Sam's voice calls out as I enter the library. The men are all standing around one of the tables and unpacking their bags.