4

Sinik struggled to regain his strength for the first few days on our journey to the dragons territory. They had taken up a large plot of land far from the facility. I did not blame them it was necessary to put distance between them and their once captor, however it made it difficult for us to reach them.

I desperately wished for a teleportation power vehemently one night when we were  forced to tread threw sludgy, smelly swamp water. I was not a prissy girl by any means. I didn't wear makeup normally, I preferred pants to dresses and I never bothered to paint my nails or spend hours on my hair. But even the most non-frilly female would grumble and groan at enduring that.

When we had finally made it through I wanted to burn my clothing and scold my body in hot water. I  was almost  reduced to tears when I realized there were no clothes to change into and no hot water to scrub the itchy, clawing feelings of the swamp off me

Sinik graciously offered to wash the tattered remains of my clothing for me one  night as we sat beside the fire. My father and Taylen were asleep, snuggled close to one another. 

I balked at the idea of being in my underwear in front of Sinik, but I could not stand being in the clothes a moment longer, so I hurriedly stripped. 

Sinik adverted his eyes as I undressed and I respected him more for it. I handed the clothes to him as I sat back down near the fire attempting to shield myself from the chilled air as well as his admiring gaze

He gawked at me for an uncomfortable amount of time. The bright cherry red in his eyes turned to a burgundy hue and i could almost taste his lust and arousal in the air. I stared back at him matching his intense expression, my own arousal igniting low in my belly and this time, i knew it was not his powers influencing me, because we were not touching

He cleared his throat loudly as he turned and stalked in the direction of the nearest river

I sat stunned for a long while wondering what the hell just happened. I had never been attracted to Sinik in the long time I had known him. I did find him undeniably attractive, especially with his disguise gone and his blood red features on display. But i had feelings only for Kizan.

 Perhaps it was a fae thing. Perhaps it just had simply been too long since i felt a mans touch.

Either way i decided to put away any attraction i felt for the fae commander. I respected him and was grateful for his protection, but that was all. I could never pursue anything with him even if i did not have Kizan waiting for me. 

Sinik had an affair with my grandmother. I cringed just thinking of it. No one knew i was aware of their affair and i would take that secret with me to my grave. But i knew that because of his affair i could never look at Sinik in that way.

***************************************

The next few days as we continued to walk i tried not to watch Sinik. I  tried not to notice the way his powerful shoulders moved when he walked, or the stern expression that seemed permanently etched on his beautiful face.

I groaned at myself  in irritation. Ever since Sinik washed my clothing for me, He did not seem particularly friendly as he had been when we were in the facility. I could not blame him thought, since i too avoided him and his touch like the plague. 

My father seemed to sense the tension but said nothing. 

I knew he knew what had transpired though. With his powers it would be difficult not to. My fathers power was much like Zia. He could sense emotions and intentions. it was similar to a mind reader, but not quite  the same. He could not read your every thought, only the emotion and intent behind them, like if I were  angry because i simply burnt my toast versus angry with malicious intent. Unlike Zia though, he could also read emotions in places and objects. What happened there and who was involved. 

"Objects as well as the air in the atmosphere hold energy. Sometimes negative or positve but it always tells a story." he used to tell me

An exceptionally useful power when someone attempts to lie to avoid punishment. A mind reader could do the same except they could never give you a play by play of what went down in a crime, unless they read the right person, which was not often possible.

 Some fled, some killed themselves and some even wiped their own minds. Which is why my father had been head fixer back at our old facility. My father did not even need to touch me or Sinik or read the tension in the air between us, to know what had transpired whilst he slept.

Ignoring the uncomfortable knowledge that my father knew i was having lusty thouhgt of the fae general. I decided to get some answers to long awaited questions that lingered in my thoughts.

"Dad how did you know mom passed away if she were far away and you were still in the facility"

He raised  Taylen higher in his arms as Taylen played with his long strands babbling baby nonsense

he glanced at me but did not stop walking. I spied Sinik a little ahead and even as he stalked forward farther, i could tell he secretively listened to us

"We were bonded" he answered simply

I jogged to keep his pace smiling at my baby as he continued to pull ruthlessly on my fathers locks. My father walked on though, wholly unconcerned about his hair.

"What does that mean?"

He hesitated as a contemplative looked crossed his face

"It is a fae custom. It is when you decide to bind yourself, irrevocably to one person forever. You see no other, think of no other, desire no other.  It is only ever them until death. You feel their pain, their happiness, their sorrow as if it were your own. I would never have been able to wed your step mother had your birth mother still lived. Even so i did not love or desire her, ever. Did you not wonder why you never had a sibling. I remarried to appease The Order and keep their suspicion about you, at bay"

I was speechless as i thought over his confession. I did always  wonder why i was an only child, but never too hard to consider he did not love or want my step mother.  i assumed they loved one another even if they rarely showed it. The Order always said children were rare among supernaturals. Multiple children? practically unheard of, unless made.

"When she died it was as if my soul.."

"Departed your body and left an empty space where she used to fill"  Sinik finished for him

Both our gazes swung to him with astonishment

He simply turned back around and resumed walking.

My breaths stopped and my heart skipped painfully in realization

"Was Sinik bonded to my late grandmother?"...............................................

Prepare yourselves for the next chapter when Ayala finally sees Kizan again. will it be a happy reunion?

Finally Her fathers powers are revealed. They are so awesome right? One of my favorites.

What do you think of Sinik and Ayla's newly formed attraction?

Comment 

Vote 

Share

Thanks so much for reading!!!!