13

After cleaning up we all sat at the long tables where heaps of food were  brought out and placed before us. Suddenly Deja vu and sorrow hit me hard. Not long ago i was here, but with Taron and Nova. they were gone now. Would I ever see them again?

A throat cleared interrupting my desolate thoughts . Judah watched me expectantly while My fathers gaze bore into me as he fed Taylen  in his lap.

"Tell me what has hapened Ayla?"

"And tell me what i am missing here?" My father added

I sighed deeply as i recounted every single thing that had taken place in the last year to Judah before i then explained what i had learned about my mother to my father

By the time i was done shocked and dimayed expressions covered both men's faces

"Dragons are still alive. I cant believe it?" Judah commented in disbelief

"My wife had another child i knew about". My father whispered gazing at Judah curiously

I broke their inner musings, to ask a question. one of the main reasons we had come here.

"We need your alliance Brother. There is awar coming and we need everyone if we are gonna stop Dakkar. The dragons and the fae are with us. My father will be leaving soon to rally all the supernaturals he can find as well. But i need to know. Will you stand with us?"

Silence

He was quiet  so long i thought he might decline

"Of course. There was never any question Ayla. I told you to call on me and i would be there. I meant it. The humans will stand with you sister, To the end"

I noticed Anon sitting bedside Judah smirking with excitement. He looked thrilled at the prospect of fighting in the war. Typical humans always courting war.

Just then a pretty blonde woman walked up to the table and took the empty spot beside Judah. She smiled and kissed him sweetly on the lips. Judah's face lit up at her presence and he practically melted with her kiss. this must be Charlene

"Sister. This is my fiancé Charlene".

 I turned to greet the woman. She was very pretty. Innocently so. Her blue eyes smiled  at me as she reached to shake my hand. Such a human gesture. Nonetheless i shook it happily. She radiated warmth and kindness. I was happy for my brother. 

We continued eating for a moment longer before I cleared my throat and pushed my plate away

"I think if we are going to be allies then we should disclose important information about each other".

"Such as?" Judah asked 

"Powers. We need to know what each of us can do. That will matter a lot going up against  Dakkar. especially since he is crazy powerful and has a massive collection of his own powerful followers"

He nodded "that makes sense. I will go first"

"I can stop time. Speed it up and rewnd it back but only by a few minutes unfortunately"

"that is very powerful" My father replied his eyes full of surprise and intrigue

Judah nodded. "Yes it was a hassle to learn to control without a parent who held powers of their own to assist and teach me. But i managed pretty well"

I grimaced at that. My mother should never have left him alone, but she left me as well, however unlike Judah i had a supernatural father who could guide me with my powers and a locket that would have provided me with answers. I wondered why she didn't leave something like that for Judah. Did she not want him to know his fae family. I glanced at My father who looked equally guilty.