Chapter 10: Should I..?

When Izuku got back up the cliff with the help of Todoroki’s quirk, he was met with Bakugo waiting for him. “Oi, Deku…I-I’m sorry for what I did, can we be friends again?” Bakugo said, trying to befriend the green haired boy again.

“No thanks Bakugo…” He mumbled, slipping his jacket and flip flops on. He was stressed beyond relief and had to get out of the place as soon as he can, or he might snap at Bakugo.

He ran as fast as he could to his hotel room and sat on his bed, raking his fingers into his hair while breathing shakily. There was only so much one could handle.

Shouto stood there and finished drying his hair with his quirk, when he was suddenly grabbed violently by the shoulder.

What the fuck are you thinking, half n’ half bastard?!” He turned to the ash blonde who was steaming mad, a furious glint evident in his eyes. “Bakugo! Stop it, he didn’t do anything wrong!” He heard Iida yell frantically.

Shouto just stared at Bakugo, frostbite crawling up his right arm threateningly. “You made Deku hate me!” The ash blonde seethed with rage, explosions burning Shouto’s left shoulder.

“Let go of me..” He said, the ground beneath his right foot freezing bit by bit. “No! Not unless you tell me what the fuck you were trying to do….” Bakugo said, irritated.

“I said,  LET GO OF ME!” Shouto yelled, jagged spears of ice shooting out of stress. “Stop it this instant!” Yaoyorozu yelled, joining Iida in trying to separate the two.

Shouto used his left side and melted the ice, causing steam to rise up. He ran when Bakugo started swatting the steam, taking advantage of the distraction.

When Shouto reached the hotel, he walked to the elevator to get to his room and rest.

The elevator finally stopped at his floor, and he walked towards his room and laid down on his back, thinking about today’s events. But more over that, he was more worried about Izuku than what Bakugo might have done.

Sure, Bakugo just burned his left shoulder, but he could just put ice on it to cool it down. But Izuku’s fearful heart can’t be fixed so easily, he is precious and a ray of sunshine, but he also has his ups and downs like any other person.

Shouto was just one of the people Izuku saved, now he wants to return the favour by helping him.

Time passed by quickly, and it was finally the day before they leave to go back to Musutafu and have normal classes again in U.A.

Shouto was nervous and had to get a pep talk from Uraraka and Yaoyorozu so he won’t get cold feet or anything.

-= FLASHBACK =-

“But what if I upset him? What would I do?” Shouto asked worriedly, trying not to combust into flames and freeze the room completely. Uraraka and Yaoyorozu looked at each other and giggled at Shouto’s confused face.

“Oh silly, you will only upset Deku-kun if you kick a puppy in front of him or mention his past friendship with Bakugo!” Uraraka said, waving her hand dismissively.

“But I will say, he doesn’t really move from his bed unless he eats and drinks or goes to the bathroom..” Yaoyorozu said, worried about her green haired friend.

Shouto looked to his lap when she mentioned that. “He also kept saying that he was ‘fine’ and such, but since you are the only one he trusts the most in this situation, Todoroki-kun…please comfort him, it pains most of us to see him like that” Yaoyorozu said, Uraraka giving a hum of agreement.

“I will..” Shouto mumbled, fiddling with his hands. Yaoyorozu patted his shoulder and smiled before leaving to her room to fix her bag.

Uraraka went to her side of the room and started fixing hers as well. Shouto sighed and fixed his, still wondering about the possibilities.

-=FLASHBACK END=-

He shook his head slightly at the memory and sat at the side of his bed, contemplating over going there right now or just staying on his bed to finish his book.

He was nervous as hell and frostbite was crawling up his arm, his sheets freezing slightly. When he finally snapped into reality, he used heat to melt the ice.

And when he deemed the time fit, he finally stood up and walked out of his room to stand in front of Izuku’s room.

I guess it’s time to tell Izuku how I feel, hope this goes well..

(I am sorry for the late updates, school has been killing me)
Word count: 778