Chapter 14: In class again

It was 5am in the morning, and Shouto woke up to take a morning jog before going to school, since school starts at 7am.

When he was jogging at the clean beach, he saw Izuku jogging ahead of him. He picked up his pace and got in front of him, just to spite him. “Ah! Todoroki-kun!” The green haired boy exclaimed, keeping up with him.

“Fancy seeing you here, are you okay?” Izuku asks, worried that Endeavor might have hurt a hair on him. “I’m fine, luckily Endeavor wasn’t home last night” Todoroki responded as if he just read Izuku’s mind. He sighed in relief as they continued to jog.

When it was about 6am, they both went back to their respective homes and got ready for school. They met up again to take the train to U.A, eventually running into Iida and Uraraka.

“Uraraka, why did you change my ringtone…” Shouto seethed, looking as if he wanted to skin her alive. “IT WAS A DARE!” The brunette exclaimed, giggling but hiding behind Iida in fear of him blowing up in rage.

He sighed and quickly changed his ringtone, shoving the device into his pocket afterwards before Iida could scold him for pulling it out in school. Izuku started talking with Uraraka about what kind of training they would do or what-not. They kept talking until they reached the classroom doors, all four of them going in and going to their respective seats.

Izuku was excited for what they would be doing today, since their homeroom teacher just entered the room in his sleeping bag.

“Today we’re going to have a no quirk sparring practice. Because if you rely on your quirk every time, you won’t have any close combat training.” He drawled and ordered everyone to go to the changing rooms to get in their gym uniform and go to the fields.

When they got there, they were all assigned in pairs to battle each other. “Next week, we will have a one on one battle in ground beta with the pairs from today. And I’m too tired to say who is paired with who, so I’ll show them all at once.” Aizawa-sensei said, yawning at the end of it before he uses his phone to project a list of the pairings.

Pairs:

Bakugo – Kirishima

Jirou – Yaoyorozu

Kaminari – Ashido

Todoroki – Midoriya

Asui – Uraraka

Aoyama – Tokoyami

Shoji – Hagakure

Mineta – Sero

Iida – Ojiro

Sato – Koda

Izuku walked over to Todoroki and smiled brightly at him, the heterochromatic eyed boy giving a small smile back.

Izuku was throwing well calculated punches towards Todoroki, who was blocking and punching back. When Izuku threw his right fist towards Todoroki’s stomach, the other boy grabbed his wrist and used his other hand to push him down, panting heavily.

Shouto panted as he still held Izuku’s wrist in one hand, his other resting on the green haired boy’s chest to pin him down.

“You win, you win” Izuku breathed out, grinning cheekily. Shouto rolled his eyes with a smile and got up, offering his hand to Izuku. “We should do that sometimes” Izuku offered, taking Shouto’s hand to get pulled up.

Shouto hummed in agreement, dusting his uniform off. Izuku dusted his off too, stretching a bit and sighing in relief.

He sat down on the grass, taking a small break to rest until him and Izuku had another round of sparring. He made a small ice cube and popped it into his mouth, cooling him down.

“Ah! Todoroki-kun, can I have a cube?” Izuku asks, sitting down next to him. He nods and makes another one, Izuku taking it gratefully.

“I guess that joke I told my sister is true” Todoroki says, crushing his ice cube and making another one. “Eh? What joke?” Izuku asks curiously, surprised that the usually stoic boy actually made a joke.

“When I was walking home yesterday, she called me when I was still a few blocks away from my house. She asked me how the vacation was, and I told her I got a job” Todoroki started, Izuku urging him to go on, Todoroki giving him another ice cube. “When she asked what my job was, I told her I was an ice dispenser for the remainder of the trip” Todoroki finished, chuckling at the end.

Izuku laughed and asked, “Then how about ‘The Hand Crusher’?” making the dual haired boy furrow his brows. “It’s not funny..” He grumbled even if he was fighting a smile from making its way to his mouth.

The day went by pretty quickly, and then they had to go home. Shouto waved goodbye to Izuku and the other two before making his way out, taking the train to get back to his house.

He had a small smile on his face when he was walking back home, which disappeared when his house was in view. He swallowed thickly and slid the door open carefully, murmuring an ‘I’m home’ before taking his shoes off.

However, when he lifted his head to walk to his room, he was met by his worst nightmare.

What is the meaning of this, Shouto 

(hahaha I feel so evil >:) )
Word count: 867