Chapter 13: Home at last

Izuku smiled as the dual haired boy didn’t give any struggle when he placed his head onto his shoulder.

He just went out like a light, and now he has a very cute look on his face…’ Izuku thought, his cheeks immediately warming up. He forgot about that soon enough and started staring at Todoroki’s sleeping face, Izuku himself falling asleep and resting his head on Todoroki’s.

The flight went out pretty smooth and he woke up on Todoroki’s shoulder, said boy looking out the window and not paying any mind to him sleeping on his shoulder.

When he woke up that time, he jumped and started apologising, Todoroki just mumbling an ‘It’s fine’ in return.

Izuku pursed his lips together nervously and looked up to Shouto with big shiny jade eyes, making his heart skip a beat and petals threatening to come out of his mouth.

He might’ve accidentally lost control of his mouth and blood started trickling down his chin from his lips. He was only pulled back to reality when he saw Izuku started using a handkerchief to get rid of the blood.

He internally chuckled at the faces the green haired boy was making, as if last night didn’t happen at all. Ignorance is bliss, that’s what Shouto believed in most of the time, but this time was an exception.

He almost combusted right then and there because of Izuku’s triumphant face, as if he accomplished something big like a long term goal. He had to grab a sandwich bag to vomit the rest of the flowers and blood in, sealing it when he was done.

He felt relieved that they finally touched the Musutafu ground, Shouto laughing at himself mentally when he thought of Kaminari kissing the ground after missing it. He couldn’t help but smile a little at the idiotic thought, which was very uncharacteristic of him in some way.

All of them rode the bus to get to U.A, so that they can all walk back home. Shouto was unconsciously freezing his hand out of nervousness, because he didn’t know if his dad was home.

He was always alone when he walked so it wasn’t anything new. He sighed and fixed the strap of his duffel bag, since his house was still a few more blocks away.

When he heard the song ‘Hot and Cold’ by Katy Perry, he knew he will freeze Uraraka tomrrorrow at school. He exhaled a cloud of cold mist and answered the phone, mumbling a ‘Hello?’.

Shouto! You’re back in Musutafu right? How was your free vacation?” He heard his sister Fuyumi ask. “It was fine, nothing much. I got a side job though” He said, trying to tell a joke to his older sister.

Eh? What is it, Shouto?” His sister asked curiously. “I became an ice dispenser.” He said, biting his tongue a little to keep his chuckle in. Fuyumi laughed and asked, “Since when did you make jokes, mister?” and giggled.

“Since I got friends” He said, scanning his surroundings and gulped slightly when he saw his house just a little bit farther.

Since when, Shouto?! And don’t worry! He is gone for today, he will be back tomorrow though” His sister said when she heard her little brother gulp. “Nn…I see the house from here, I should hang up” He said, his sister agreeing and told him she made cold soba for dinner.

I should hurry, I don’t want it going warm..’ He thought, speed walking towards his house.

“Welcome Home, Shouto” His sister said when he slid the door open and took off his shoes. He gave her a small smile and put his duffel bag in his room, going to the dining room to eat and chat with his sister, relishing the remaining time when his asshole of a dad isn’t home.

When Izuku got home, his mother cooked katsudon and asked him about what happened during the trip.

He told her what happened in great detail, leaving out the night when he snapped at Todoroki. She hugged him when he started crying when he recalled Bakugou hurting him, his heart feeling like it was stabbed by a thousand needles.

“Well, Todoroki seems like cares for you, Izuku” His mother says, taking a bite of the meat. He thinks about it for a minute and nods, taking a bite out of his food.

He was worried about the dual haired boy, wondering if he was hurt at this exact moment or something.

I hope Todoroki-kun is okay, I wonder if Endeavor is in his house right now..

(word count: 770)