Long before our story begins

Before I tell you the story that we're here for, I think you should know what happened before. Let's go back in time. Before the war between Jotunheim and Asgard began, to time when on thrones of theese realms weren't sitting Laufey and Odin, but their fathers, Jar and Bör. Theese two kings were holding peace in their realms. What they didn't know was that everything will change when their children fall in love.

Yes, they had totally different height and one was Asgardian while other Jotun, but they didn't care about that.

One day Laufey was sneaking out of the castle, again, to get to Odin when suddenly he felt somebody standing right behind him. He turned around to see Farbauti. He had bright red ruby eyes, shining like fire, that could look right trough your soul, his hair black, long and curly, his skin was light blue and his horns are up, thin and as blue as his skin. He was one of Jotuns that were closer to womans (jotuns are only males and have both sexes, but some of them are closer to males (males) while others to famales (fam-males)). Which is something different than Laufey. The prince is male, his eyes are also red, but more like blood not rubies, his hair is black and short, skin much darker and horns encircling his head.

"Are you trying to sneak out to Asgard again?" Farbauti asked, his voice harsh. He was Laufey's best friend, he just didn't let that out all of the time. "Oh come on, no one's here, you don't have to play that cold self of yours." The other Jotun smiled and went closer and said: "I just though you wouldn't look very good in your jotun form in Asgard, would you?" The prince smiled and Farbauti turned him into Asgardian. Jarson nodded and run away. The other jotun was just looking after him, not knowing if it is a good idea for the prince to be in relationship with crown prince of Asgard.

             *          *         *           *

Odin run out of castle right to the dark forest, where he's supposed to meet his lover, Laufey. When he got to the forest he started to look for Laufey, but couldn't see him, he was already turning away when someone put hands on his eyes. The crown prince looked behind and there he was, the jotun that he has fallen for.

"I though you wouldn't come!" The asgardian said while smiling at his love, "Well, it seems you don't know me as well as I though." They laughed, talked and enjoyed each other. It was working that way for years, until one day.

             *             *            *            *

Odin went to the throne room, because his father called him. He kneeled to show respect for his father. "Stand up and come here." The prince did as he was told and went to his father. "Why did you call me?" Odin asked looking his father in the eyes. "To talk to you," Bör stood up going to library with Odin right after him, "I'm going to Vanaheim and i though you'd like to come with me. I don't want to force you into anything, but since you're the future king of Asgard you should see other realms." "It'll be an honor to me." They parted their ways, the all-father stayed in the library while the prince went to his room. When he got there he wrote a letter to the jotun prince, explaining why he can't meet him this time.

           *            *           *            *

Laufey wasn't feeling well the whole week and he didn't know what's happening. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. He groaned 'who could be there when I said I don't feel well?' the prince though and called out: "Come in!" And so this person came in. "Farbauti what do you want?" "I think i know what's wrong with you, you're pregnant." Laufey couldn't belive his ears when his friend said it.

          *          *           *         *

In Vanaheim Odin's father went right to king and he had to go with him. They talked about many things most of the time about the politics. When they were done, the king introduced them to his daughter Frigga.

When the prince of Asgard saw her, he fell in love with her, even though he was with Laufey, but right when she went in, Odin totally forgot about his lover.

That day was celebration of the sun and Odin danced with Frigga and nobody else. Suddenly she whispered to him: "Let's get out of here." He just nodded and the princess run with him to the garden. They were enjoying each other and right in the light of the moon they kissed. Odin never felt this way before not even with Laufey. The other morning he promised to his new love that he will come for her. He gave her his promise, which was something he never did for his lover.

         *           *          *         *

When the crown prince got to Asgard he had a letter on his desks, it was from Laufey, he wanted to talk to him. Odin went to dark forest, but this time he didn't feel the beautiful happiness and it hurt even more because he knew why it was this way.

When he got there the prince was going back and forth. "So what do you want to talk to me about?" Laufey looked at him and smiled sadly, "Odin, it's hard to say, but I know I have to... I'm pregnant." The prince of Asgard couldn't belive his ears, he was pregnant? No that couldn't happen, so he said the one thing that he knew would destroy Laufey forever, but he had to do it, for Frigga: "Laufey, I'm sorry, but I don't love you anymore."

Jotun's heart shattered into million pieces. He just turned around and ran away, never looking back. Odin felt bad for hurting his ex-lover this way, but it was all for Frigga.

The prince of Jotunheim went to his room ignoring all the calls of servants, if he was allright, because he wanted to be alone, he didn't even want to talk to Farbauti, he was just mourning.

         *           *            *             *

Years has passed by quickly and many things happened, Odin got married to Frigga and had with her his "first born" Balder. Laufey secretly gave birth to his and the Asgard's king daughter, Hela, but because she was girl she couldn't live in Jotunheim, which is why he gave her to Alfheim where two kind elves took care of her.

After that Laufey's sadness started to turn into hate. Everything he could think about was revenge and war against Asgard, but to do that he had to become a king and to become a king he had to find himself a queen. Luckily, for him, Farbauti could never say no to anything he said, so he got married to him and became the king of Jotunheim.

Now let's get to the most important part, with queen by his side the new king could do whatever he wanted, so one month after his coronation he attacked Asgard.

TO BE CONTINUED