❀ ONE

MARCH 23, 2017

Tik.

Tok.

Tik.

Tok.

Tik.

Her honey-like eyes continued to stare at the clock as she patiently waited for him. They'd usually see each other around ten in the morning.

"Misun!"

Her gloomy eyes lightened up at the mention of her name. The familiar voice sent thrills down her spine - she was glad to hear his honeyed voice again.

She cranes her head to the side, seeing the teenage boy run towards her, his nurse following him quickly, worried that something bad may happen to him.

The teenage boy stood in front of the girl with a grin, "It's nice to see you again, my sunflower." the boy says cheekily as he took a seat next to the girl.

Misun laughs and scrunches her nose cutely, "What was that, Donghyuck?"

Donghyuck pursed his lips, "I called you my sunflower!" he exclaims.

"Hmm? I think it's the other way around though?"

"You're acting like a kid, we're not twelve anymore." Misun grins as she reaches out to pinch Donghyuck's soft cheeks.

Donghyuck shrugs, "And we're still together, stuck in this hospital." he sighs and looks down on his lap.

The two were good friends, they met when they were younger. Misun has been stuck in the hospital a long ago after getting diagnosed with Chronic Leukemia - not only that, she was also paralyzed, causing her to stay hopelessly stuck.

When she was eleven, she happened to be involved in a car crash with her mother and the impact of the crash caused her legs to be paralyzed.

However, Donghyuck suffers from heart disease and was admitted into the hospital for a cure. He would always be in and out of the place - going in two to three times a week for checkups and always visited Misun whenever. Although lately, it quite worried her as Donghyuck's visits became more frequent than usual.

"Don't you want to be together with me, Hyuck?" Misun frowns a bit and began fiddling with the hem of her bright yellow dress.

"Of course I want to be together with you!" Donghyuck exclaims, taking hold of Misun's small hand into his. "You'll always have me by your side, Misun!"

"You still sound like your twelve-year-old self, Hyuck." Misun chuckles.

"Yah! I'm seventeen years old!"

"Besides, you should appreciate these sweet lines more before it lasts," Donghyuck points out, "It has a time limit you know."

Misun was confused, time limit?

"Everything has a time limit in this world, Misun."

"Even we have a time limit..." he trails off.

The boy glanced at the girl, noticing the perplexed expression, he gently squeezed Misun's hand, "I'll be by your side until the end of our time limit."

"That doesn't sound good..." Misun shakes her head.

"I know it doesn't, but you don't have to worry about that now." Donghyuck tells her, "Because we still have a long journey for us."

"And there goes cheesy Donghyuck again!" Misun chuckles.

"You're such a bully!" he pouts and looks away.

"Am not," Misun argued back and laughed at his cute actions. Somehow, she couldn't help but admire how gorgeous he looked today.

Her eyelashes slowly fluttered as she turned back her gaze onto the fountain not that far away from where they sat.

"I really enjoy being with you," Misun whispers, her eyes falling close.

Donghyuck flinched at her words, his cheeks beaming red as he looked back to see her with closed eyes.

She looks tired.

"I enjoy being with you too, Sun," Donghyuck mutters lowly, gripping onto Misun's hand.

"What did you say?"

Donghyuck grimaced and shook his head.

"How's it going for you, Sun?" he managed to change the conversation, yet his voice sounded muffled and inaudible.

"What did you say?"

Donghyuck presses his lips into a thin line, then saying, "I asked you how are you doing today." he repeats, his voice a bit louder than before.

"Ahh... I'm doing good as always, Hyuck." she replies, "How about you?"

"I'm okay as long as you're okay, Misun," Donghyuck mumbles lowly.

"You really need to stop talking so hushed, I can't hear you..."

"I- I said I'm good..." he says out loud.

Misun nods in acknowledgment, "That's good to hear."

The two sat in silence, enjoying the cool breeze brush through their skin. It was a peaceful day today and Misun loved how the sun shone brightly as ever - it reminded her of Donghyuck whenever he smiles.

"Hyuck?"

"Sun?"

"I'm tired..." Misun mumbled.

Donghyuck gazed at the girl next to her. Though her eyes were closed, you could notice how restless they were. Donghyuck wondered what the girl was up to this time.

"You can lean on me, Misun."

"What do you mean, Hyuck?"

"Rest. Sun, you can use my shoulder," he explained shortly.

Slowly, Donghyuck's heartbeat started to escalate as he felt the girl's head resting onto his shoulder.

"You can always lean on me, Misun."

"Thank you..."

• • •