❀ THREE

APRIL 10, 2017

"Sun!" Donghyuck called out loud as he neared her room. Seeing the girl sat in her wheelchair as her nurse pushed her out of her ward.

Misun's head lifted up quick, "Hyuck?" she questions as the boy approached her casually, his hands dipped into the pockets of his hoodie.

She was confused as to why the boy was here.

Is he here to see me? Misun shook off that thought away, knowing that she shouldn't get her hopes up and concluded that he might be here for checkups and he stopped by to meet her.

"But... it's a Monday, isn't it?" she whispered to herself before looking up at him. "What... are you doing here?" she asks him, diverting them to a topic.

Monday.

Right, it was Monday. Supposed to be a regular school day for Donghyuck, but here he was at the hospital.

"I... came to visit you!" he paused for at least two seconds before answering her with a smile. "Plus, daily checkups, right?"

Misun felt her heart tighten a bit. Of course. He's just here for his checkups, why would he skip school for you?

"Daily checkups? I thought your checkups were only two to three times a week?" she mumbled lowly. Misun had already memorized Donghyuck's schedules with his checkups, but like what she had noticed, the boy has been coming in more frequently than before.

Misun was the type who wasn't really able to leave the hospital. To avoid any complications, they decided it was best for her if she just stayed in the hospital.

"Can I?" Donghyuck gestured towards the wheelchair and the nurse nodded.

"But she needs to get back before 11." the nurse noted before walking off, leaving Misun to the boy's care.

"Hmm, where should chauffeur Hyuck take the lovely Miss Sun?" Donghyuck said in a stern formal voice earning a laugh from the girl.

"I'll go wherever you go, Hyuck," Misun told him making him press his lips together, thanking silently that her back faced him so she wouldn't really be able to see his cheeky grin.

Donghyuck felt like they were reliving their childhood days. Times when Donghyuck was still confined in the hospital. He would try his best to wake up early and visit Misun, whenever he did, he would always be the one to bring her to the garden where they spend the rest of the time goofing around.

• • •

2012

"Finally! I'm done!" Donghyuck burst out of the white room that was suffocating him for hours.

"Okay, as I said earlier, you can go meet the girl in the garden." Hyemin said and stretched out her hand for him to hold, "Now, no running this time, okay?"

The twelve-year-old nodded curtly and followed his doctor towards the garden, seeing nothing but an empty bench. His heart dropped, "Wha... she was- I- Hyemin!" a loud whine erupts from his mouth, shocking the woman.

Hyemin patted the top of his head, doing her best to calm his down, "Donghyuck, she might just be-"

"You!"

Both of them flinched as a thin, girlish voice hollered down the hallway. They slowly looked up seeing the same girl that sat on the bench earlier, the difference was, she sat in a wheelchair.

Donghyuck's mouth went agape, his eyes staring far onto her honey-like colored ones. Feeling entrapped in some sort of spell as he ambled towards her.

Hyemin squints her eyes, trying to recognize the patient. Then she remembered, "Ah! You're Hwang Misun, right?"

The girl nodded, a smile ghosting her lips, "Yes."

A wide smile crept up Donghyuck's face as he reached out a hand towards her, "H-Hi! I'm Lee Donghyuck."

Misun returned the smile and extended her own hand, feeling the boy's warmth pass onto her as their skin touched. "Misun. Hwang Misun."

• • •