❀ FOURTEEN

APRIL 24, 2017

Misun sat quietly, staring far onto the boy who was equipped with a few medical supplies. A few days ago, she had just witnessed the boy that she loves getting a heart attack.

Luckily, they managed to get him to the emergency room before it was too late.

Her hands clasped together, anxiety rose in her as her mind kept running. Seemingly endless possibilities bothered her so much.

"Misun." Hyemin breathed out as she walked in, surprised to see the girl still there.

It had been days since Misun sat there, unmoving, wanting to keep an eye of the boy. Scared that if she looked away, death would just take him then and there.

"It's late, you need to go back to your own room."

"No."

"Misun- I know that-"

"W-Why didn't he tell me?" her voice was weak and empty, like the life sparked in her was gone. This wasn't the same youthful voice Hyemin first heard from Misun.

"T-Tell you what, Misun?"

"That he's going to die soon? That-" she sniffed, "That his limit is running out."

"I'm so sorry-"

"Why?" Misun looked up at Hyemin, tears streaming down her cheeks as she hated every bit of her life now. Her mother died, her father no longer loved her, she was paralyzed and sick, now the love of her life was gonna say goodbye soon.

"I waited... every day... for him to tell me after I overheard your conversation with him back in February." Misun trailed off, "I was dying to know why he didn't come back for me..."

"So I checked and you told me he already went home- but I passed by his parents and he wasn't with them."

"Misun..."

"Why can't I just die instead of him? He deserves to live better than I do."

"If he dies... then where will this sunflower look at anymore?"

• • •