The Start

DISCLAIMER:

Percy: I am not owned by Katicorn. Rick Riordan owns me....and my friends.

Katicorn: Thanks Percy :)

Percy: No problem ;>

Hello! This is my very first story! Please let me know what you think! I really wanted to read a story like this but couldn't find any ones that weren't short or discontinued. So here we are! I hope you enjoy! 

Also for the picture, I just thought it summed up the seven perfectly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in my bunk at Cabin Nine with Nyssa standing over my bed angrily. 

"Morning Sunshine." I grin at her with a dazzling smile, even though I've just woken up.  Nyssa still scowls at me her dark hair tied back with a bandanna. 

"Did you forget numb-skull? We start building the Argo II today. You slept in. We've already got a team gathering materials to take up to Bunker Nine." She was still mad at me for sleeping in I guess.

"Hey, do you think this," I gestured to my bedhead and the marks on my face from the pillow, "happens without some beauty sleep?" Nyssa rolled her eyes and told me to hurry up. I have that effect on a lot of people. 

I quickly got dressed and headed out to help the Hephaestus cabin carry materials up to Bunker Nine.  It seemed like every camper was helping to carry materials, even little Harley who wasn't even nine yet. There was so much Celestial Bronze and it was so heavy, it took teams of several people to carry it.  I was first teamed up with Jason and Piper, because everyone else was busy.

"Hey Superman. Beauty Queen. Long time no see. How's it going?" I grinned broadly at them. I hadn't seen them in a few weeks since we've been so busy adjusting to camp lifestyle. They went about their business(wink wink) and I went about mine until now.  

"Good." They both said in unison. Then they laughed with a certain happiness that made me grin even wider. 

"Were awesome actually." Jason finished as we carried the Celestial Bronze to Bunker Nine. Jason and Piper looked at each other again. I suddenly realized what was going on.

"Oooooohhhhh. Look at that. Did I tell you or what? What is your ship name? I NEED TO KNOW!" I shouted to the sky. I knew Aphrodite was listening and was as happy about this as I was.  Jason looked afraid, like I'd just exploded a city and didn't know it yet.

"We uh.....don't have a ship na-" Jason was cut off abruptly by Piper.

"ITS JASPER! JASPER MCGRACE! Oh my gods don't you love it?" Piper screamed. I grinned even wider. Piper literally was the best when it came to ship names. For her own couple, it was obvious that she made up the name. 

"Pipes that's awesome. Jason why do you look so afraid? It's like I just ran over your girlfriend with a truck man." I noticed the fear and worry in his eyes. Then I glanced at Piper. She looked terrifying. Like if she told me to jump off a bridge, I'd do it with no hesitation. 

"Ah. Later." I smiled at him. He knew he could always come to me to talk it out. Even about very strange girlfriends. We finally made it to Bunker Nine, after a random deer nearly made us pee ourselves. It's not our fault that deer's shadows look like monster shadows. 

"Alright, you three put that piece over there." Annabeth pointed to a spot on the ground. Annabeth was the leader of the building project. She was the best person to do it, since she literally redesigned all of Mount Olympus. I was glad that she was working by my side. We spent a few weeks planning out the entire ship, interior, exterior, every single room and what was inside. Although now, I look back and it was a lot of long nights. It was worth it though, now we can finally start building the ship.

--Time Skip--

After a long day of hauling bronze, wood, and other very heavy materials to Bunker Nine, I was ready to just collapse on my bunk and crash for a while. My friends had other plans. 

"Let's go have a campfire to celebrate the start!" Jason whooped loudly. I grinned. A campfire? Sounds awesome.

"Let's go dudes!" I yelled and scared Jason out of his pants. He turned around like he forgot I was there.

"Oh hey Leo! Where did you come from? Pop out of the ground?" Piper asked laughing at her own joke. I was hurt that they didn't know I was there, but I kept the grin on full display. 

"Yeah...don't need to relive that experience. Who's up for some fire?" I yelled as I set my hand on fire running ahead to the dining pavilion. "FLAME ON!" I yelled at the last second, looking at Jason with a knowing smirk.

They finally caught up with me at the pavilion for dinner. I was starving from all the weight lifting we had done today. I sat at the Hephaestus table with my cabin mates, just casually talking with them. I was eating as much as my scrawny form could take in. As I finished, I started heading back to my cabin to get ready for the campfire. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Annabeth, Piper, and Jason all walking towards the campfire laughing and talking.

I smiled, thinking they'd catch up later with me. "You guys better save me a seat!" I yelled hoping they'd hear me. They just kept walking towards the campfire. Oh well, guess they didn't hear me. I rushed getting ready, trying to catch up to my friends as they headed for the campfire celebration tonight.

I finally found them sitting down in the front, marshmallows already on their sticks singing some song about a Minotaur who kept eating strange things. "Hey guys. Save me a seat?" I asked , even though they obviously didn't. Piper winced.

"Sorry Leo. We thought you were sitting with the other Hephaestus campers." Piper explained as though it was totally fine. Jason and Annabeth kept talking like I wasn't even there.

"Oh, no problem." I flashed a forced smile at them, then walked away to be with my cabin mates. Why were they being distant all of a sudden? I wish I knew. At least tomorrow's a new day. 

That's what I tell myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....what did you think? Let me know in reviews please. I need some feedback to make my stories better. Also, at the end of every chapter there will be a random question. So.....

What is your favorite ship from the Heroes of Olympus series? (Percabeth counts)