Stupid Ant

That one game you get obsessed trying to beat it, but you just get frustrated...

Sorry for the long wait. Lots of stress that I had to deal with, getting back to school, then midterms. It was annoying, but I hopefully will update both stories sometime this weekend.

Also let me know if you want to see my own fan art/drawings. I think it'd be pretty cool to feature some of my stuff on here. It's not great, but I have fun drawing it. Let me know what you think.

Thank you to Boiiii-ugay  for the suggestion because I was struggling. 

DISCLAIMER:

Will: I haven't gotten a turn yet.

Percy: BUT I WANT A-

Nico: *glares at Percy*

Percy: Or Will can go, that's fine.

Will: Katicorn doesn't own us. Rick Riordan does. Yay!

-------------------------------

I glare at the ant, hoping that it will just wander away and I won't have to indulge in any combat. But, sadly, it stays firmly planted where it stands. I glare at it some more, just because I'm tired and irritated and just want to go to work. Maybe if I try to avoid it by going around? No, it's too close to the entrance. I'll have to charge it head on.

I finger the grip on my hammer, holding it tighter. Here goes nothing. I charge the ant, head on and slam the hammer into it's head. The hammer did nothing but anger it. It roared in outrage and slammed it's head into a tree. It's mandibles were razor sharp and were not something I wanted to mess with. The ant reared around and charge me again. I side-stepped, thinking it'd keep going. Ants are too smart.

The Myrmeke turned and spit acid, as I barely missed getting sprayed. The entrance to the bunker was in sight, but the acid would melt the door. I had to kill this thing before it called for backup. It turned it's beady eyes towards me and snapped it's mandibles. Uh oh. 

I dove out of the way as it charged towards me. It's sharp mandibles tore at the end of my shirt, ripping it like confetti. I decided that maybe Nyssa was right and I shouldn't have tried to work tonight. If the gods were trying to send me a message, they were getting through, (for the moment). The ant glared at me with it's terrifying black eyes. Yep, I screwed up. I lit up my hands and waved it around. The ants eyes followed my glowing hands. 

"You like that, huh big guy?" I asked, with my hands still blazing. The ant looked very interested in my flaming hands. It's large beady eyes kept following the motions of my hands. I didn't know how long that interest would last, or how long I could keep my hands blazing. So, I slowly led the creature away from the bunker. Towards, where I thought it's home was and away from camp.

I kept walking for a while until I couldn't keep my hands lit anymore. I was exhausted from all the walking, and effort to keep my hands lit up. I finally let them go out and the ant was angry and confused. I sprinted out, away from the ant and towards the bunker. I looked back as I reached the door, but the ant didn't follow me. Myrmekes are terrifying bugs. 

I opened and closed the door and turned on the lights of the bunker. I slumped down against the metal door and relaxed. I was so drained that it was almost impossible to keep my eyes open. I glanced at the list. So much to do in such a short amount of time. I knew that If I didn't work tonight, we wouldn't be able to get done until 11pm tomorrow night. But if the ant attack taught me anything, it was that it's okay to be selfish once in a while.

I knew if I tried to stay awake, the work would be sloppy anyways. I wanted this vessel to be perfect for all seven of us. I wanted everything to be just how we'd planned it. We spent weeks trying to design every part of the perfect ship and I wasn't going to ruin it. I stood up slowly, and walked over to a stool at one of the workbenches. I sat down and laid my head on my arms. 

I drifted off into the first sleep I'd had since we'd started the project.

--------------------------------------

I am soooo sorry about the late update. I went back to school this week and we had midterms the past couple of days. So I barely got any sleep as it was, with studying. I was also recovering from a cold, so sorry the chapter is short, but I wanted to get one out, since you've been waiting so long. 

Thank you to Boii-ugay for the suggestion about Leo and the Myrmeke. I didn't know what I wanted to do, and the chapter would've been crappy without their suggestion.

Answer to Last Question: "I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts." -Leo Or It's not from HOO, but "With great power....comes great need to take a nap."-Nico

There's no random question this time, because next part I am doing a Q&A at the bottom of the chapter. You can ask as many questions as you like. If it's not many, that's OK. But I will try to answer ALL questions.

Also, let me know what you think about my fan art idea. Let me know what you want me to attempt to draw. Baaiiiii