The First Sleepless Night

In this story, Leo's gonna be tired a lot, so I thought this picture was cute and fitting. Leo is just adorable when he's asleep and this person really captured Leo. Also, I draw none of the fan art that is above. I just google images of what I want and post the one I like the best. So even though I don't know who you are, thank you for the fan art! 

DISCLAIMER:

Leo: Katicorn doesn't own-

Hazel: It's my turn isn't it? 

Leo: Yeah, your right. *pout face* It's your turn

Hazel: Katicorn doesn't own us. Rick Riordan does. Thank you. *blushes*

Nico: Dibs on my turn next.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I finally get to the door of Bunker Nine and open it as quietly as I can. Everything is dark, so I light up my hands, giving just enough light to see where I'm going.  I find the lights and the bunker floods with a cheap fluorescent glow that illuminates the whole workshop. I find the list that Annabeth left and start working on the different projects. I don't do everything obviously. It'd be impossible to do everything in just one night.

I start every project though. I even finish the first thing on Annabeth's list after just a few hours. Around 4am, I start dozing off at the table I'm working at. I know that everyone starts working at 7, so I keep at it, trying to make it so we'll go to bed at a decent hour tonight. Finally, at 5am, I make it so with everyone helping, we'll get done by 3 in the afternoon. I know that as head-counselor, I have to get back and help with the campers, getting them to breakfast. 

I turn off the lights, and quietly close the door behind me. As I'm walking back to camp, I keep hearing noises of monsters in the forest. I quicken my pace, knowing I'm too tired to fight monsters right now. The sight of the camp causes relief to flood through me. The cabins all waiting for everyone to wake up and for the day's activities to start. 

I sneak back in the way I went out and crash onto my bunk. My eyes are closed before I even have time to think about sleep. It seems like only moments later when Nyssa's shaking me awake an hour later.

"C'mon Leo. You always sleep in. Get up already." Nyssa groans, trying to drag me out of bed.

"Hey, I don't get this handsome without a little beauty sleep." I joke, trying to keep my eyes open. Man, I knew I'd be tired after taking the night shift, but did I have to be THIS tired?

"You said that two days ago. Now get ready to go. Shane was even up before you today. And he never sleeps in." Nyssa complained. She was right though, Shane never got up unless we dragged him out of bed. Sometimes I wondered if he were in the wrong cabin. He could easily pass for a son of Hypnos. 

I finally get up and go to breakfast where everyone is already digging in. I grab a plate and start loading up. Maybe food will give me more energy. I decide to sit with Piper and Jason today. Since Jason sits alone, Piper always joins him, so I figured I'd keep them company today too. 

"Wassup my peoples?" I shout as I sit down, causing some Ares kids to give me strange looks. I ignore them and turn to Piper and Jason. "How's it been going. I didn't get to see you yesterday, since we were working on the ship."

"Oh, were good. We went on a picnic yesterday. It was amazing. You should've seen the waves, and the satyr!" Piper grinned. Jason started laughing, not being able to stop.

"So-so, there was, th-this satyr. Wh-who we scared the pants o-out of yesterd-day." Jason choked out between breaths. I just smiled, not showing how hurt I was that I'd missed out on something yet again.

"It was so funny, he was horrified that we caught him chasing a wood nymph and then she turned into a tree." Piper said, starting to laugh with Jason. "You had to be there to get it." 

I just laughed a little, like I completely understood. In reality though, I was really hurt that they kept bonding as If I wasn't important. Obviously they can do stuff without me, but they planned the picnic on a day when they knew I was busy.

"Hey, maybe next time I could come too! The trio back together again." I grinned at them, hoping they'd agree. The looks they gave me told me other things.

"Leo, your going to be too busy building the Argo II. I can't take you away from that, I know how important it is to you. Besides, you don't want to spend time with us." Piper said plainly.

"Of course I do! You two are my best friends. I'd never ditch you. Hey, I looked over the agenda for today and were gonna be done pretty early. So how about a picnic at around 4 or 5? In the woods. That way we can catch up. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in ages." I suggested. Hoping for one last chance that they might agree.

"Sorry Leo, we have a date planned for then. Maybe another time." Piper said. Jason looked like he wanted to say something, but held his tongue in front of his girlfriend. 

"Leo! It's time to get to work!" Nyssa shouted across the dining pavilion. I realized that we were one of the only three left. All of the Hephaestus kids were already down at Bunker Nine, probably wondering why so much of the work was already started or done.

"Coming. Catch up with you guys later." I behind me as I ran away. They didn't respond.

As I was heading up to Bunker Nine, just for a brief moment, I let the real hurt show on my face. Then the mask slipped back on and I was Leo again. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Part 4 is up now. What do you think is gonna happen with Leo? What will happen when the others find out what he did? Will they be mad? Will they not care?  Will they be happy and expect him to keep doing that every night? You'll find out soon.

Random Question: Which character is you least favorite from HOO?

Last Question Answer: Mine would probably be Reyna. She's had to be the only leader since Jason disappeared and has so much pain. I feel like she's one of the strongest female's in the series.

Review's help me get better. I am doing this for you! So make the story more enjoyable by telling me what you would like to happen! Hopefully, another chapter will be up soon.