The Other Side of the Coin

Soooooooo im not sorry for being gone for forever. I know that sounds bad but I have a busy life outside of Wattpad and I won't have time to post chapters that often. So I can't promise a fast chapter because I have no idea what my schedule will be like. I can promise that I will finish this story no matter how long it takes and I will not abandon it. So that's that. 

Also this is in Annabeth's point of view. It just kind of explains why she feels so connected to Leo in this story. Some of it is not canon so if it isn't then I know and it was on purpose. If you don't want to read it then that's fine, it's just explaining Annabeth a bit.

DISCLAIMER:

Leo: Hey if Rick Riordan owns me, then....

Katicorn: Yes...?

Leo: Am I fictional?

Katicorn: Yes...?

Leo: *contemplates life in a corner*

-------------------------------------------------------------

Annabeth's POV

I walked out of Bunker Nine after Leo finally admitted he needed help. I knew something was up with him from the moment I met him. You could clearly see it in his eyes. The smile was good, some of the best I've seen. But no matter how good it was, his eyes always gave him away.

Especially to someone whose spent their entire life looking in the mirror with that same fake smile. A smile can fool many, that's true. It's easy too. To forget what it's like to be happy. To never feel like your good enough. I've felt like that my whole life.[This is where it gets into her backstory and stuff just so you know ;)]

When I was little I had my dad and my stepmother. They were great and all but never really there. I would ask my dad a question and he'd just tell me to ask my stepmom and vice versa. So I just stopped asking them things. I felt like I had to prove I was worth their time.

So I started helping out around the house. Doing the dishes, cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, laundry, and even mowing the lawn at 5 years old. I was so afraid that they would be disappointed in me, that I did everything I could to make them see me.

I gave myself so many chores that I couldn't get them done in time for school. So I stopped going to sleep. I'd be tired all the time and at school teachers would ask if I was OK. I'd give them a bright and fake grin and say I was fine. And they bought it. What could possibly be wrong with a 5 year old?

Being a daughter of Athena I was bright for my age and learned how to cook to help out even more. I didn't even eat the food I made because I was so blind to what my parents even wanted me to do.

They didn't care. I did everything I could to impress them but they just didn't care at all. Then I started feeling awful about myself. I wasn't good enough.

I wasn't trying hard enough.

I ate too much.

I slept too much.

I didn't get good enough grades.

I was worthless.

They didn't love me at all.

I spiraled down into this pit of horrifying thoughts. For two more years I struggled with this and getting nothing in return. My parents didn't show me love. But they didn't show me hate either. It was just nothing. They ignored me and pretended I didn't exist. So one day I had my first ever selfish thought.

If they don't want me. Then they can't have me anymore. 

I packed up a small bag of food and clothes and left for good. And for the first time, I felt a huge weight lift off my chest, and I felt happy.

So when I saw the same look in Leo that I had as a little girl, I knew I had to help him before it got bad enough. I just had to make him see that he was worthy of love. No one was there for me when I needed help but I want to be there for him.

I want to help him be happy again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Like I said, no clue when the next chapter will be out but I promise I won't abandon this book!

RQ: Which demigod power would you most like to have?

My Answer: It'd be pretty cool to fly or breath underwater but my choice is charm speak. Just think of how awesome it would be to control someone with your voice! 

I hope you all have a fantabulous day!