Unwanted Memories

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER!!!! Trigger warning! There are mentions of the following in these memories: Self harm, child abuse, and anorexia/skipping meals/not eating and thoughts of suicide.

If any of these themes upset you or are triggering then please don't read!

* This symbol is the start and end of a memory. I will clarify the end of a memory.

DISCLAIMER:

Percy: Where's my boy Rick at? He dope for creating me and my friends.

Katicorn: *face palm* Percy we've been over this, no one talks like that anymore. Also I don't own the characters or the plot.

------------------------------------------------------

After the darkness surrounded me I felt a light coming towards me. I had no idea what was happening to me right now. Then through the darkness, something started to appear. I saw the workshop that I worked in with my mom as a kid. Before I realized what was happening a memory surfaced from when I was younger.

***********

I was about 6 years old. My mom and I were huddled by a small fire in the corner of the room. It was the small apartment we lived in together. We were wrapped in a blanket on the cold winter day sitting on the floor.

I tugged on my mother's sleeve, pulling her out of her sleepy state. "I'm hungry mamma. Where is the food?" My mother smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

"Let's go see if we can find some." My mother replied brightly. She smiled like there wasn't anything she'd rather do more in the world. We stood up and walked to the kitchen, only to find nothing. "Hmm. Maybe Auntie Rosa will have something for us to eat. Want to go and see?" I grinned and nodded. I followed my mom into the streets and we walked the few blocks to my Aunt Rosa's house.

My mom held my hand as she walked up the steps and knocked on the door. A few minutes later the door opened to find my aunt in her bathrobe, looking very annoyed. It was only 6pm, but she looked as if we woke her up at 2 in the morning.

"Well? What do you want?" She snapped as she eyed me and her sister angrily. My mother cleared her throat and smiled at Rosa.

"We just wondered if you would have some food for us. Were very sorry for coming over like this and we'll pay you back, we just need something please." My mother was always very polite and didn't like asking for help, so this was already hard for her to do.

"I will not give handouts to you! Get your own food! Filthy scum like you doesn't deserve food!" Aunt Rosa screamed at us before slamming the door in our faces. I looked at my mom with tears in my eyes. I was scared of Aunt Rosa. My mom looked down at me and gave me a hug.

"Don't cry mijo. We'll be alright. Let's go back home ok?" I smiled and grabbed my mom's hand as we went back to the house.

***************(End)

I frowned at the memory. Where did that come from? I didn't like that because of how truly horrible Aunt Rosa was to my entire family. My mom was always so wonderful, she didn't deserve how she was treated. Another memory started to come into view.

**************

A social worker was dragging my arm towards my Aunt's house as I struggled and fought against her. "No! Please don't make me go back there! I don't want to see her!" The lady just kept walking and dragging me along.

"Now, I'm sure your family will be happy to take you in." She assured me with a fake smile. I knew that she was very wrong.

When the door opened to my aunt with a tear stained face, the social worker smiled at her. "Hi, I'm Francine Dower. I'm here to tell you that if you want him, Leo should live with you. Since you are family we thought it would be best to keep you together."