The Last Order

'Go up to the tower, then kill an old woman there.'

This is my new order, killing a grandmother. I did not know who this grandmother was, nor did a heartless one who order me to kill a helpless old woman. I don't really care.

Under the intended tower, there are many men in uniform and fully armed. It looks like they are bodyguards. Maybe this grandmother is an important person.

I walked around to the back of the tower thinking, how do I get to the top?

There is a well near the tower. I reached for the rope which was rolled in the well pulley, let go of the bucket tied to the end, replaced it with a stone to make a ballast. I threw the rope toward the tower balcony. The ballast succeeded in making a rope that I threw up on the balcony railing. Using the rope, I climbed up the tower wall.

After reaching the top, I slowly opened the balcony door and settled into a dark room. I approached a bed, where someone was lying under a blanket. Because the blanket covered this entire body, I had to open it to check first, whether this person was my target or not.

And I was surprised when I opened it.

Not a human who curled up in this blanket, but a bolster.

Damn!

"Looking for me?" A hoarse voice accompanied by a burning candle flame and illuminating a terrible wrinkled face, succeeded in making my heart feel like it was falling into my stomach.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, to ease my surprise, then took out my sickle knife. I walked over to her who was still sitting comfortably as if she were waiting for her death.

"You, a bloody moon boy, the boy who born during the bloody moon night, the mixed blood offspring ..."

The tip of my lips pulled up, "Igutu, you mean?"

I carve my palm with a knife until it dripping blood, "Look, my blood is red. Maybe you are senile or farsighted, Grandma."

"There hasn't been a name for a mixing blood descendant like you..." apparently the grandmother didn't hear me. Maybe her hearing has a problem.

"Your soul is chained and imprisoned..."

I unsheathed my knife in front of her neck, and she said,

"Soon your tongue will also be locked ..."

"Are you cursing me?"

"No, this is not a curse, but a prophecy."

"I don't care. I'll give you one second to breathe one last time. Take it easy, it won't hurt."

"You can only be free after you meet the girl with a bell."

"If you think that by reading the prophecy of my life can delay your death, you are wrong."

Instantly I slit her throat. Her body immediately collapsed. Before her breathing stopped, she could whisper something. Her voice was so weak, but my ears could still hear it.

"Find the girl with the bell, and protect her. That's your last order."

What did she mean by the last order? Who is she? She also doesn't pay me.

Not wanting to think too much about the words of the dead grandmother, I slid down using a rope. I jerked the rope. I was about to throw it away, but I felt I would need it later. So i curled it up, and hanging it on my shoulder.

Mission completed.

~~~

The rustling of the leaves I heard slowed my pace. I knew that the leaves did not sound because they were blown away by the night wind.

There is a silhouette swinging above me. I looked down to avoid the knife he stabbed.

Sickle knife.

Another child of Shahati.

"You have an order contrary to mine, apparently," I guessed.

"Do you know who you killed just now?"

"A grandmother."

"She's our master."

I was stunned. I show my assignment letter.

"I'm just doing what they order to me. I was told to kill the old woman in the tower. Did I ... kill someone wrong?"

"No. Your mission was successful."

"Then why ..."

I realized something. I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

"You're in charge of removing my tracks."

"If you understand, there is no need to fight anymore. Face your death gracefully," he said, playing with the knife in his hand and approaching me.

I remember her last sentence, the grandmother... I mean my master I killed earlier. I just understood it.

I threw the rope which I had been carrying until it had tied his legs, then I pulled it, making he bend and his head hit ground hard. He was unconscious, but still alive. I stabbed his heart with a sickle knife. Now he is really dead.

"I can't die now. I have the last order."

.

.

.

To be continued